MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Patching Panda now Available at Thonk!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Patching Panda now Available at Thonk!
bchampion96
Hello Friends!

My buddy Luis from Patching Panda has released DIY kits for his modules with thonk.

https://www.thonk.co.uk/?s=patching+panda&submit.x=0&submit.y=0&submit =Search&post_type=product

Petit Mix: a 4 channel 3hp mixer
Flipanda: dual channel 3hp attenuverter/fixed voltage source
N.V.H.S: filter/vca with an 808 style noise core and decay envelope
Punch: Dual VCA with logarithmic decay envelopes

All the info on the PP website! http://patchingpanda.com/

I made a demo video of NVHS and Punch which you can watch here

Very neat little designs and the modules that Luis sent over have proven invaluable to patches involving percussion! grin I want to get over my fear of SMD to make the mixer and attenuverter

bchampion96
tangence
I can't find information on the SMD package size, it's not listed in the BOM provided in the build guide. I'm yet to do a 0603 build and am curious if I'll be doing my first cuz these units look like fun.

Thanks
bchampion96
tangence wrote:
I can't find information on the SMD package size, it's not listed in the BOM provided in the build guide. I'm yet to do a 0603 build and am curious if I'll be doing my first cuz these units look like fun.

Thanks

I've let Luis know, and hopefully he can answer your question! smile
jicama
tangence wrote:

Thanks

Hello Guys,
the package size is 0603. petit_mix is a good module to start with. flipanda in terms of difficulties there´s 5x more soldering to do. to solder smd you just need the right tools: SMD Tweezers, flux, and a box cover or something like that to place your components, they are easy to lose, typical beginners errors is leaving pads unsolder and put too much solder, there´s lots of information on internet about soldering smd, but once you do it you will see it´s no big deal wink

You can see some typical beginner error examples:
http://patchingpanda.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/errors-soldering.p df
aliencHemistry
Hi guys,

I finished petit mix and it is working fine. With my n.v.h.s. I have been running into some problems. LED flashes once when I plug it in, but nothing is working. Sometimes I get a glowing LED, which is staying on till I plug in something at the output jack.
Funny thing: I plugged in the trigger in the output and I got a flashing LED.
Any idea, what went wrong? I double checked all IC. Orientation of the diodes are not quite clear.

Thanks!
templar
SMD diodes have a very faint line on the top of the component that indicates orientation - they can be quite difficult to see - i find using a flashlight / torch can help
aliencHemistry
templar wrote:
SMD diodes have a very faint line on the top of the component that indicates orientation - they can be quite difficult to see - i find using a flashlight / torch can help

Thanks! Just made a test run, seems to work now!
aliencHemistry
Alright, the module is working, but the output volume of the noise core ist very very low. Any idea, where I have to check my circuit on the board?
templar
I don't know the circuit, maybe post a picture of your build - or better yet contact patching panda directly for advice - i'm sure he'll be able to give you the best help
aliencHemistry
bchampion96

is there another way, besides instagram, to contact patching panda? I do have some problems with my n.v.h.s.

thanks!
aliencHemistry
aliencHemistry wrote:
bchampion96

is there another way, besides instagram, to contact patching panda? I do have some problems with my n.v.h.s.

thanks!

thanks to luis from patching panda it is working!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1