MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Why on earth is there no good demo of the Roland XV 5080?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Author Why on earth is there no good demo of the Roland XV 5080?
tomatoKetchup
Seriously, have you looked on YouTube??? Apart from playing all the cheezy sounding brass, flutes and what not...

I'm looking to add those legendary 90s Roland pads and soundscapes into my synthesist's arsenal and I'd love the JD 990 but it's currently well sought after and quite expensive on the second hand market. Then I stumbled across a XV 5080 at a good price and according to the Internet it's quite a beast too. But I can't make my mind up because all the demos I've come across so far are just lame. On the paper, it should be able to sound at least as good as the JD 990 right? (ok, I've heard of the 990's filter being superior but the 5080 cannot be that far behind right?)

Do you guys know any sound resources that would actually show off the module's ability for those big lush electronica pads we all love?
Nelson Baboon
why exactly is this in the noise music forum?
Astrolabe23
I may be going out on a limb here but In my recollection the XV-5080 was a totally different beast from the JD-800 ( or JD-990 rack version) and came quite a bit later. To me, it's closer to the XP-50 / 80 sound and uses the same SR-JV80 sound expansion boards and also the newer SRX series. Like I said, my memory may be off, but I lusted after a JD-800 when they came out , but I never gave the XP or XV series a serious thought. ( Although the SRX Dynamic Drums card impressed me)
pstanig
Astrolabe23 wrote:
I may be going out on a limb here but In my recollection the XV-5080 was a totally different beast from the JD-800 ( or JD-990 rack version) and came quite a bit later. To me, it's closer to the XP-50 / 80 sound and uses the same SR-JV80 sound expansion boards and also the newer SRX series. Like I said, my memory may be off, but I lusted after a JD-800 when they came out , but I never gave the XP or XV series a serious thought. ( Although the SRX Dynamic Drums card impressed me)

tomatoKetchup
Nelson Baboon wrote:
Jeez you're right, don't know how I ended up posting here... made the post late last night, was a bit tired. Sorry about the confusion, if a moderator comes around, feel free to delete the thread, I'll repost it in the right section.
Joe.
Pop those big lush electronica pads through a bitcrusher. Problem solved razz
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Page 1 of 1