MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Buchla 448 touch keyboard on Vemia
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Buchla 448 touch keyboard on Vemia
Rapcatz
Click the picture to visit the auction for this fine piece of Buchla history.

Kent
Cool looking, to be sure, but I’d laisser tomber the part about being ‘awesome’. That thing looks like a wreck.

papz
This is an awesome wreck. lol
jondent
papz wrote:
This is an awesome wreck. lol

It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time! It's peanut butter jelly time!
djs
There's some pin connectors on the back- is this thing missing some circuit board pieces, or is that to connect to power or something?

Any idea how many of these were made?
GrantB
Wow I need that so I can compose something in the key of M
ritchiedrums
lol lol NO WARRANTY!!
MechaSeb
Vemia seems to be Elephants' graveyard of Buchla stuff those days. There are also listed a few more parts like OG panel & suitcase for 208 (yeah !).

Regarding the 448, as far as i know, it used to connect to main 400 unit à la 222e/223e. It was available all in one in the main cabinet or separate from main unit. Internally it's routed to main CPU & MARF.

BTW 448 was originally a classical black&white piano keyboard controller but never passed the prototype step. Apart from that i don't know exactly how many have been built but i'd say around 10 ? At least 4 units are working and in goods artists hands.

Too bad Rick isn't around anymore.

EDIT: more info on the 400 (images are gone unfortunately) https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=40053&postdays=0&pos torder=asc&start=50
and this too : https://encyclotronic.com/synthesizers/buchla/buchla-400-series-r1025/
dkcg
Sweet looking money pit. love twisted

Might be better off getting a nice frame and hanging it on a wall.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1