MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Metasonix in a folk-music environment
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix  
Author Metasonix in a folk-music environment
Yes Powder
[s]https://soundcloud.com/everyonediesscreaming/cleoblkcr/s-CZC3e[/s]
This is just a draft of a song I'd been recording for a friend.
She wanted a musical saw part in it, but we didn't know anyone who played musical saw so I whipped up this sound on my S-2000 and she ended up really liking it.
S-2000 first comes in at 0:47
Kent
Listening now. Very judiciously played, Mr. Powder.

Soundcloud links tend to Bork with our forum software when there is a hyphen in the name of the SC track. I don’t know if you can change this. You could also post it as a link.
NightGoat
I like it but it definitely needs more saw.
xthrasherx
Did you enable embed on your track? I don't know when that became a thing, but it took me a while to figure out why it wouldn't work on a post I made earlier....

Anyway, very well done. I agree that it could probably come up a bit in the mix, but nothing wrong with subtle. Fits the piece and was quite enjoyable thumbs up
Yes Powder
Kent wrote:
Listening now. Very judiciously played, Mr. Powder.

Soundcloud links tend to Bork with our forum software when there is a hyphen in the name of the SC track. I don’t know if you can change this. You could also post it as a link.

Thank you!
I'm at work now, but when I get home I'll try and give it a new link without hyphens. I was wondering if it was because I made it a private track. It's still in early mixing and she eventually wants to put it up herself so I didn't want to make it public. I'll post it as a link for now and try to fix it when I get home

EDIT: Fixed. Seems to be working now
Hainbach
Now I really want an S-2000. Very nice!
metasonix
Huh, never thought of doing this before. Nice track and well recorded.
Robscorch
Agreed while beautiful it misses the entire point of the fart and utter diarrhea of the Metasonix line so in that aspect you FAIL... FAIL FAIL FAIL. Dead Banana

J/K it's nice to see this gear getting used in different context and that boing saw is a beautiful sounding timbre. It's almost as good as distorted pipe organ.
ritchiedrums
Very Cool!! Guinness ftw!
Yes Powder
Robscorch wrote:
it's nice to see this gear getting used in different context and that boing saw is a beautiful sounding timbre.

Thank you. I feel like Metasonix is way underutilized in the gentler realms of audio. It's a shame too, because they are capable of some lovely sounds.
luchog
Yes Powder wrote:
Thank you. I feel like Metasonix is way underutilized in the gentler realms of audio. It's a shame too, because they are capable of some lovely sounds.

Yes indeed, that is quite nicely done.
thebends9
I dig it
Kent
Yes Powder wrote:
Robscorch wrote:
it's nice to see this gear getting used in different context and that boing saw is a beautiful sounding timbre.

Straight up fucking truth spoken.
sbuge
Great track - and super nice sounds. Thanks for sharing!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Metasonix  
Page 1 of 1