MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Roland SH5 bandpass filter
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Author Roland SH5 bandpass filter
kragg
Hello !
It's been a little while, but i managed to find some time to rebuild the filter, using the new layout, and it worked fine since the first attempt Rockin' Banana!
I find the new layout much improved, very easy to read, with enough space between components while being more compact, it's great to work with !
In order to be able to troubleshoot it more easily (in case it hadn't worked), i built it using the original component values (dual gang pot, default value for the resonance, external 15V power supply -no charge pump on a daughter board-), which might have helped if it hadn't [/img]work as expected smile

The filter sounds great, very "liquid" and clean (well, it's a Roland design), and i am quite impressed with the sweep range : it goes from very low to very high, which is a good surprise.
The resonance is quite onthe gentle side, which is fine (it sounds "classy", rather polite), but i might end up ading a switch to swap between "stock value" and "increased resonance" when it's needed.
Pushed to the max, there is a little drop in volume, but that's subtle (unlike on a Pro-One, for instance), and not an issue at all, just that kind of design.

One mod i might try to add is a CV input (i can't remember if i had find a layout, or a way to do this ?).
[edit : I think i remember i had read that it was not designed to be cv-modulated. Nevermind, still, it sounds great smile ]

Thank you very much everyone for the help, to the fellow wigglers watching the topic, do not hesitate to build it ! thumbs up

Starspawn
Wheres the updated layout?
kragg
Here :

It's much more compact, and easier to build.
ashleym
Thanks for that. This is just the excuse I needed to make something from scratch myself. Even typing this I’m thinking of putting a couple or so together, then I’m thinking of looking at the frequencies involved to do a sort of vowel filter.......
kragg
The "original" module from Ken Stone used 3 together to make a filterbank.
(Unfortunately, it seems that the website isn't available anymore)
http://www.effectsdatabase.com/diy/kenstone/modular/cgs30
guitargodmiles
Will this work on eurorack 12v as is?

Thanks
wackelpeter
guitargodmiles wrote:

Thanks

If you meant the CGS30 BPF it says that it should work on +/- 12V too, but untested...
ringroad1
guitargodmiles wrote:

I've got a couple running in my +/-12V box, don't think I made any changes, works fine
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Page 2 of 2