MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Klangbau Köln Eurorack Thread
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 [all]
Author Klangbau Köln Eurorack Thread
Biom
Does anyone keep in touch with Willi?
Messaged him a week ago trying to make an order. He sent me the price list and disappeared. I thought, maybe he's assembling the module and let him know, that I could wait till it's ready, but still not a word from him.
I also used the contact form on his site, but without success either.

I just can't get if this is normal for him and should I keep waiting a bit longer or not.
I also hope all is fine with him and his relatives and that it's not the case of the silence.
bago
I ordered a Resonator from him 5 days ago (he had some already build ones). His latest mail included his pricelist. I payed immediatly and didn‘t hear anything since. I will wait a few more days, perhaps he has already send the module and forgot to tell me about it...
degeneratedsines
@bago you didn't try to make a trade in person, since you seem to live nearby?
bago
I thought about that, but I‘m all covered with work at the moment and so I decided to order.
loopt
It's carnival in Cologne. Can be a mad time. w00t
It will be over on Wednesday.
bago
My Resonator just arrived applause
Biom
Finally managed to order mine. Had the weirdest communication in my life, like talking to a genius and I hope he really is!

@bago: congratulations!
sko87pro
Hi Klangbau Wigglers,

I am thinking about ordering the twin peak resonator, it sounds great.

Can anyone tell me, how do you make the sound at the start of this video? (0:05s). What is the main module involved? Is it the twin peak and/or something else? Would like to make sounds like this:

https://youtu.be/mWcy9DrcsmY

Cheers
nectarios
sko87pro wrote:
Hi Klangbau Wigglers,

TheCan anyone tell me, how do you make the sound at the start of this video? (0:05s). What is the main module involved? Is it the twin peak and/or something else? Would like to make sounds like this:

Cheers

Looks like Benjolin and mentions it in the description "w/ Rob Hordijk Benjolin"
flx
sko87pro wrote:
Hi Klangbau Wigglers,

TheCan anyone tell me, how do you make the sound at the start of this video? (0:05s). What is the main module involved? Is it the twin peak and/or something else? Would like to make sounds like this:

Cheers

Hi! That’s my video. Indeed, at the beginning it was just the Benjolin with high filter resonance and rungler modulation through the Spring Reverb. The Twin Peak is the more pronounced ping then a few seconds later.
sko87pro
Quote:
Hi! That’s my video. Indeed, at the beginning it was just the Benjolin with high filter resonance and rungler modulation through the Spring Reverb. The Twin Peak is the more pronounced ping then a few seconds later.

That clip with the Benjolin sounds great!

Do you think the Benjolin could get close to these sounds? I really like the dripping water-and-static sounds that are produced at 1:10 onwards:

https://youtu.be/YbHZF-f1qc8?t=1m10s

Maybe I need both TW Peak and Benjolin...!
flx
sko87pro wrote:

Maybe I need both TW Peak and Benjolin...!

Of course you do hihi

My Benjolin's filter does not go into self-oscillation, which I think is how most Benjolins perform as far as I know. It does however get some dry/woody ping sounds at high resonance settings and hard edges from the pulse generators. I think you could come relatively close to the sounds in that video. A Twin Peak filter gives you a wider range of ping sounds though, but of course requires external signal generators.

On a different note, I made a new Klangbau video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xusf3UvYAoY

Not focused on pings this time, but analog FM, layered with subtle pings and sounds from the Wavetable DCO.
sko87pro
flx wrote:
I think you could come relatively close to the sounds in that video. A Twin Peak filter gives you a wider range of ping sounds though, but of course requires external signal generators.

On a different note, I made a new Klangbau video:

Thanks for another great video!! I think I’m going to go for the TP Resonator to add to my 6U system. The pings and FM are great. I was wondering whether it was flexible enough for regular filter duties like plain old raspy sweeps. But I can hear it’s got a decent range of sounds and its own very interesting voice and coloration.

Really like those static-water-crackle sounds above, hopefully I can emulate those and have fun trying...
smithjohn
I made some drum sounds with the Twin peak resonator, Röhren VCA+a noise source and some envelopes, and holy drum Batman the results were amazing. Got even a pretty realistic tambourine hit It's peanut butter jelly time!
sko87pro
Yippee, my Twin Peak Resonator has arrived from Willi... very excited to try this thing out!

I am thinking about swapping the knobs, has anyone done this? What size would I need? Do I just prise them off?

Perhaps something like these, the un-skirted style:

https://www.thonk.co.uk/shop/knobs-small-fluted/
pieter
Yeah, you can just prise them off. They're not D-shaft (they're the same as Doepfer), so I don't know if those will work...
sko87pro
pieter wrote:
They're not D-shaft (they're the same as Doepfer), so I don't know if those will work...

Ok cool thanks. I think Doepfer is 6mm spline so I’ll research that.

I’m sure there’s lots of MW threads on knobs, for example here.

vingtdieux
we're not worthy Klangbau Köln
cheapimitation
really thinking of finally getting twin peak resonator...
i am on the waiting list for blippoo box but not sure how long it will take...

only wondering if i am patient enough to wait for blippoo and if twin peak resonator with blippoo is "unnecessary" to have.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 [all]
Page 3 of 3