MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Folktek Matter II
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Folktek Matter II
Antlerface
Folktek Matter II panel on IG

Liked the OG Matter a ton, this looks super interesting. Waiting for more details excitedly.
phantompowered
I was just thinking of adding a Matter to my setup after investigating some patches and examples... and here's the sequel. Very exciting!
Antlerface
I just ditched my original Matter to focus on a focused setup. Depending on what Folktek added/changed (no more DuPont cables plz) I will probably make my Folktek only skiff a reality!
phantompowered
My hope is that the Matter 2 keeps some of the interesting drone aspects of the original, and not just the clicky tight percussive stuff.
HZR
Seems like a wild Module with a crazy Sound.
I‘ve recently watched some videos on their instagram and think that Matter II sounds really close like Matter I.

Here is a video from Sir Folktek!
Matter II Explorations

Because i am new to Eurorack (just own some rails meh ) i have a question about this Module: can i use it with my MfB Urzwerg sequencer or has it to be a triggersequencer?
Chartreuse-J
Any euro signal will work with either Matter version.

MfB Urzwerg will work like a charm.
bemushroomed
I liked the original for a while, eventually i got tired of the "built in" sounds, the expander made it a bit more fun though. It was great as a filter/FX. the tiny cables and holes were a pain to use, they easily go out or break inside the holes if you're not very careful.
Chartreuse-J
Sir Folktek recommended a while ago to use Vintage Pushback Wire.

No fuss, no break, better than Dupont cables.

22awg works fine.
bemushroomed
Chartreuse-J wrote:

No fuss, no break, better than Dupont cables.

Ah, nice smile
HZR
More Videos!

R.U.Nuts
I preordered this yesterday. I was torn between the MK I and MK II but finally decided to order the MK II since I recently played with a novadrone synth which also uses dupont cables and didn't like the fiddly small cables.

I'm really looking forward on getting this. The demos sound badass Rockin' Banana!
Tumulishroomaroom
Just found out about this, it is a really beautiful module. Might compliment my drum section nicely...

Will re-listen to the video and maybe preorder smile
fruitsnake
i already have some folktek stuff that uses the dupont cables and i actually really like it.

i was wondering if there might be something in the works similar to the original Matter plug-in cards but for the mk2 that would allow me to hook up the Matter 2 with my Conduit and Mescaline via dupont cables?

if so i would seriously consider one. that pin matrix is amazing, but i still like the old folktek style - backwards compatibility please! you kids get off my lawn
drowld
Weirdly the demos of the matter II shows too much of the chaotic aspect of the module. I want to see the raw sound so i can imagine the sound design possible with it.
Any good demos of the matter 1 ?
R.U.Nuts
Well I thought the demos were pretty funky and showed a lot of the possibilities (funky and versatile enough to make me preorder). But I'd also be interested in a more step-by-step patching demo and some Info about what's under the hood of Matter. I suspect it's basically some heavily hacked filter circuit but I could be totally wrong.
drowld
They are good to show overall interaction. But i want less things happening at once to see how i can stack them up.
Not sure it's even doable tho
Sunden
Yeah I definitely would love to see a demo of each individual pin point on the matrix triggered alone, maybe even with varying length trigs/gates/audio to get a better sense of what they sound like.

Have any of these shipped yet? It says on the website there's a 2-4 week waiting time, expected to start shipping mid-November 2018... Seems like this module could be really fun, but it's pricey so I'd love to see a slightly more thorough overview of it before purchasing!
Tumulishroomaroom
Anyone got theirs ? Still lusting after this beautiful module smile Those clicks sound must sound great processed through delays & feedback etc hyper
drowld
Tumulishroomaroom wrote:
Anyone got theirs ? Still lusting after this beautiful module smile Those clicks sound must sound great processed through delays & feedback etc hyper

Nice man i'm looking forward to hearing the module in your liverig w00t

I'am also looking forward to some more vanilla sounding demos of one channel of the matter II
denuir
The shipments appear to have been delayed significantly from when preorders went up.
R.U.Nuts
I preordered a Matter II a while ago so I did something pretty avant garde and emailed Folktek kindly asking what's up: Katie from Folktek replied the next day that they had some issues with the production units they had to fix. They are currently in the final assembling stage and hope they can ship The preordered units soon. - No exact shipping date though.
drowld
Any news ?
Richard Devine received his two weeks ago or so
R.U.Nuts
No not yet. I hope once it gets shipped it won't get stuck at the German customs for some more weeks Dead Banana
R.U.Nuts
They're shipping! I saw two photos of guys on Insta that received their units. One was serial number 73 of 100. I'm among the first 100 preorders so I wait for a shipping notification any day now. Rockin' Banana!
Tumulishroomaroom
Really keen on hearing more of this ! I'm very tempted but just need a tiny percent of convincing still smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3