MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

A Thread about the Why We Bleep Podcast
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author A Thread about the Why We Bleep Podcast
stromcat
Hi Folks!

I haven't shouted out this project here yet and really should - hopefully you don't mind me sharing this here as there's naturally quite a Eurorack focus.

In short, I started a podcast to interview electronic musicians and equipment manufacturers, and talk about their process, the things they make and how, and why they do that, their backgrounds and just generally probe interesting discussion as it relates to electronic music (and music making in general) themes.

There are three episodes now, quite a few hours to digest if you haven't seen or heard it.

Here's da site:
https://www.whywebleep.com/

It's both on Apple Podcasts here:
https://itunes.apple.com/gb/podcast/why-we-bleep/id1338201154
But it should automatically appear in your favourite podcast app (I hope)...please have a butchers for it.

But it's also on YouTube! I'm filming these as we talk. Here's all the episodes so far.

Episode 1 - Tom Whitwell, Music Thing:

Episode 2 - Justin Owen, Abstract Data:

Episode 3 - Talking Live Modulars with Ebcidic (formerly VCOADSR)

Cheeky Companion Video Going Over Ebcidic's Live System

Episode 4 - Transistor Sounds Labs!

Episode 5 - Olivier Gillet - Mutable Instruments

Episode 6 - Scanner

Episode 7 - Tom Furse, The Horrors

Anyway, I will add them to this thread as new ones come out every month, I hope that's OK!!

Much wub,
stromcat aka mylar melodies aka 'british chris elliott' x SlayerBadger!

PS. Suggestions for local-ish female/non-binary musicians in electronic music would be gratefully received!
BenA718
Your channel is brilliant!
Buttons ARE toys
Been enjoying this series!

Way to use that angelic voice of yours for the good of human/synth kind, and not turning it toward some villainous campaign of mass hypnosis Cthulhu
Bjarlstedt
This is a great podcast. I really enjoy it and think it works just fine without video too, which is a great thing in my opinion. Ride a bike/bus/car/boat/raft and listen to happy chaps talking about modular stuff is perfect!

Hope you’ll do this for a long long time.

we're not worthy
Ray Diode
Great podcast, fab videos!
EPTC
Rockin!

(or Bleepin! But that sounds derogatory) - Looking forward to jumping in on these tonight, thanks for the post.
mgscheue
They are great! I've watched all of them and then, since I have a lot of long drives, given them a second listen while in the car.
Markthom
All the podcasts to date have been excellent, interesting chat....it's always good to hear other perspectives and it's good to have a mix of musicians and makers.

I guess Superbooth would be a very good opportunity to capture some more international interviewees if you can swing it wink
tnktni
+1, enjoying these! Has a good mix of humorous tangents and informative discussion.
dubonaire
Thanks! Long chats... I need to find the time.
ugokcen
I've watched them already, excellent job applause

My favorite so far was the Ebcidic. I'd love to hear more about musicians using modulars live - you do too right?
thehipcola
Looking forward to getting into these - Mylar Melodies YT channel demos and tutorials are a huge help to me - thanks for all of this awesome. smile
giftculture
This is seriously one of my favorite podcasts! Please keep up the good work!
Hovercraft
They’ve all been excellent so far. Maybe a little long, but there’s been some great content.
tictok
I watch these in the bath. great series
headroom
Great work mylar. One of the few podcasts I rewatch. thumbs up
unclebastard
It's a great podcast Chris, keep going; I listened to all three on a long bus journey a few days ago, very engaging and informative. Your video on the 0-Coast has gone a long way towards persuading the wallet to open for one.
notmiserlouagain
Thanks very nice!
Bookmarked!
stromcat
Thanks everyone!

markthom - Just don't think there'll be time sadly! I think this is an excellent excuse to have another trip to Berlin at some point to catch a few folks.
JonathanBedrava
I've liked these podcasts so far. Your interview style is spot on for the topic--conversational but direct and probing enough to provoke some fairly deep thoughts. Great choice of guests too. Looking forward to Episode 004!
Markthom
stromcat wrote:
Thanks everyone!

markthom - Just don't think there'll be time sadly! I think this is an excellent excuse to have another trip to Berlin at some point to catch a few folks.

Excellent excuse indeed.

A trip through the Chunnel to see Olivier at some point would be great too! smile
Luap

I really enjoyed this one thumbs up
And I agreed with all of it! Including the parts that may have been referring to some oddly named forum/s wink

Markthom wrote:

A trip through the Chunnel to see Olivier at some point would be great too! smile

Agreed! Apparently thats next cool
starthief
Luap wrote:
I really enjoyed this one thumbs up
And I agreed with all of it! Including the parts that may have been referring to some oddly named forum/s wink

Same smile
ugokcen
That was excellent. Just the right blend of nerding out on technicals and social commentary. I was a bit sad to hear that Eurorack is a side gig for them, I would love to see more modules from them.
JakoGreyshire
stromcat wrote:
PS. Suggestions for local-ish female/non-binary musicians in electronic music would be gratefully received!

Not sure about local-ish musicians? You mean UK right? Anyway I was kind of alluding to on the youtube comments area was that MoogFest has done a great job finding female/non-binary musicians to perform for the festival. Check out the Lineup and find some awesome musicians then come to the states for some podcasts!

There was even one female performer who got upset at Moogfest because they lumped her into the whole female/non-binary scene and she ended up cancelling the performance... The reason was is that they didn't talk to her about it first I think... Well, here is the article:

https://pitchfork.com/news/caroline-polachek-pulls-out-of-moogfest-201 8-over-lineup-announcement/

She says that Gender is not a genre! Like you said on the end of your podcast Stromcat, " lets not make it weird... but we are making it weird by talking about it".....(paraphrasing) It's like a weird paradox at this point in time, eh?... But hey, I'm trying to not make it weird. I really am. I'm a bloke and I'm seeing more female performers than male performers at MoogFest! It's awesome!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4