MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Announcing Maze: Sequential attenuverting router and mixer.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author Announcing Maze: Sequential attenuverting router and mixer.
LiveStock Electronics

Hi Everybody!
I would like you to meet Maze, Maze is a routing and mixing matrix module. That allows you to create your own touchpad of patch presets. Each routing has been equipped with an attenuverting VCA so it can be used for signal distribution and attenuversion.
Morphing speed between presets can be changed and routings can be muted. Selecting presets is also possible via CV or triggers. This can even be done while setting routings, which allows for recording of routing creation!
The signal path is entirely analog and it is even possible to link Maze modules together to increase your matrix.

Maze is now up for pre-order and will be shipping out in May!
More info can be found here:
Maze

Paranormal Patroler
Congratulations!
Keltie
Amazing

not this shit again

Sorry, couldn’t help myself
LiveStock Electronics
Paranormal Patroler
Thanks!

Keltie
No problem, I'll allow it razz
danishchairs
Congrats on the very cool looking module!

Also, thanks for the user manual on your website. Looking forward to reading about the capabilities/possibilities of the Maze.
uniquepersonno2
Very awesome!
Dcramer
Looks very cool, can it also route CVs? hmmm.....
namon
No corn puns :(
khyber
Hmm this kind of feels like it could replace my WMD SSM, very cool looking module!
meatbeatz
Excellent! applause
Jumbuktu
Looks interesting! I found the manual totally confusing but hopefully it is more intuitive with the module in front of you.
LiveStock Electronics
Thank you all for the kind words smile

Dcramer
Yes, it can definitely route CV. In the second part of the video I am using 3 envelopes from A-143-2 and +5 DC voltage from Felix. These are routed to different parameters of Bang. Everything you hear is done with one oscillator.

namon
Haven't thought of that! Missed opportunity...

Jumbuktu
Yeah, the manual is made with the idea of having the module in front of you, sort of as a look up guide.

For those of you who are lost in how this works, don't worry. The module comes with a quick play guide, that will help you get started with the most important stuff immediately. And I am working on a walkthrough video series of the entire module. Expect more info the next few weeks..
Multi Grooves
@LiveStock Electronics: Congrats on finally realising this!
peripatitis
Nice module, i like how you can control it easily, most modules require a lot of cv for this!
LiveStock Electronics
Multi Grooves
Thanks! Yeah it took some time, and a lot of changes in the last period but it is finally ready. Really excited to see what people do with it.

peripatitis
Glad you like it. It's a dense module, but designed to be very playful.
Joe.
Whats this like passing 1v/o CV? is there any change in pitch?

Ideally I'd like a matrix i could rapidly switch between either an FM patch or a mono voice with main+Sub Oscillator. So the Matrix would need to handle the 1v/o CV as well as the waveform output of one of the Oscillators

Is this possible with the MAZE?
LiveStock Electronics
LoFi Junglist
Yeah it can pass 1V/Oct. Each routing is calibrated and can be adjusted, to have the inputs and outputs matched in gain. So it can definitely do what you want.
damase
Excited to see this one coming to a finish. Really an awesome module. The ability to recall a preset of routings with a button press is great. Very performance ready. I think that alone gives it a worthwhile advantage over the 4ms matrix. I love the 4ms matrix but even with its closely placed buttons and knobs it take a while to radically switch the routings around in the moment. With this just tap the button and move on to your next track(or whatever you managed your routings to handle!). Oh yea and less than half the size is also very nice. Bravo

Ill be picking one up later this year if all goes well for me applause
starthief
Very cool concept. I'll have to think about this smile
strangegravity
This thing is a beast. My mind is buzzing with quadraphonic ideas.
LiveStock Electronics
damase
Thanks! Yeah I really wanted to create a matrix that was diverse and great for live-settings. Mainly setting the routings before and when on stage simply triggering the saves. Of course this comes with some menu too, though I have tried to make it as intuitive as possible.

strangegravity
Great to hear you are having ideas already! I would definitely recommend using the full range of Maze and have something to get the outputs of Maze down to the right gain for the speakers.
pugix
The number of possible routings from the inputs to the outputs is 5x5x5x5 or 625, given that each input can be routed to one of the four outputs or none. I haven't looked at the manual, but it must be that you can store up to 16 of these 625 routings as a preset on the pads. A good one would be: nothing connected. I wonder how you would remember what routing you had assigned to a touch pad. Maybe you would come up with some standard patches and use them frequently.
LiveStock Electronics
pugix
Maybe take a look at the manual wink

You can save up to 96 presets (16 presets in 6 banks).
You can mute routings so it is like nothing is connected.
There is a preview and copy mode, so you can look at the routings before you trigger. Useful in case you forgot what is in the save slot. And you can copy presets if you want to copy a preset to a different slot.
pugix
I've looked at the manual now. smile

Need more details on how the Select control input works. What sort of voltage is expected there? Does it work on the current bank only?

Looks like a great module for live performances for people with good memories. My use for it would probably be geared towards automating control voltage mixing and routing, rather than audio. That's why I want the details on Select.

Hope there will be a DivKid video on this!
LowOver
great , thought of an 4msVCAM these days...but this could do the job maybe better , in my case of course... applause
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4