MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Modular habits survey
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Modular habits survey
akos.turi
In the near future, I would like to create some new eurorack modules. With this short survey you can help me to decide some hard questions. It is only 12 short question. If you don't want to share your e-mail, just type some fake address. Thank you for your time!

https://goo.gl/forms/CO6MhvSdlZty1cg53

thumbs up
uniquepersonno2
I hope you'll share the results of this survey as a graph as I think it would give an interesting look at general habits of Euro users!
akos.turi
uniquepersonno2 wrote:
I hope you'll share the results of this survey as a graph as I think it would give an interesting look at general habits of Euro users!

Yes, sure.
lasesentaysiete
the "I am from" question does not represent the entire globe. Maybe add an "other" option?
cackland
Completed smile
mapmap
the ideal price question seems kind of odd without any context.
akos.turi
lasesentaysiete wrote:
the "I am from" question does not represent the entire globe. Maybe add an "other" option?

Good point, "other" option has been added.
cptnal
I'm curious and willing to help. Would you make it available to those who don't do Google?
starthief
The issues I have with this survey:

Quote:
Which type do you prefer the most?

I have no analog vs. digital preference. This is a detail for the designer to work out; what matters to me is that it sounds good and feels good to use.

Quote:
The eurorack case "economy" is important for me.

Not quite sure what this question is getting at... the viability and success of case manufacturers? hmmm..... Or whether the price of a case seems fair to me considering its size and features?

Quote:
Module width (HP) and feature ratio.

There's a false dichotomy here, and an assumption that more functional density means less finger room. There's no option for striking a balance. Good UI design can make a more functionally dense module easier to work with. This also depends a lot on module type.

Quote:
One complex or more simple modules?

I look for good modules. Sometimes that means simple ones, sometimes it doesn't. A Planar 2 is more complex than a Planar 1 because of the CV recorder, but that's what makes it better, right?

Quote:
What is the ideal module price for you, in EUR?

Is this a passive attenutator we're talking about, or a 6-channel stereo performance mixer? seriously, i just don't get it The ideal price is one that makes me feel like I'm getting a bargain and yet also supports creativity and good module designers.
akos.turi
mapmap wrote:
the ideal price question seems kind of odd without any context.

You are right, that question is inaccurate. I've added some details.
bobdylan
Done! Hope this wasn't a ploy to get my email address! hihi
akos.turi
cptnal wrote:
I'm curious and willing to help. Would you make it available to those who don't do Google?

You can fill it. I disabled the "google only" checkbox. : )
akos.turi
bobdylan wrote:
Done! Hope this wasn't a ploy to get my email address! hihi

Nooo : ), because the uniqueness checking but I trust you guys so i disabled the email option.
johny_gtr
Very IMHO but best products (not only euro modulars) were created by fresh and suitable ideas of engineers, designer, developers,... Or just to take others' idea and provide it with proper marketing.

It's important to collect feedback "how should I improve my product" for updating firmware or make ver.2 of analog board but for a product from the scratch? From my perspective it's quite easy to create a product which will be for 'average' customer. But no one would like to be an average.

It's also interesting how to properly analyse this information. Like 50% for analog and 50% for digital - create VA or make a hybrid? How much wiggler should vote to have a representative selection?

Just for me it will be more interesting if someone share her/his own idea of a new module and asked will I buy it or not? If not, how it need to be changed to be interesting for me? And most popular features requests can be converted to the product requirements.
aroom
The two options Fully digital vs Fully analog are not enough.

You should add I don't care, because I'm sure some like me, don't care about analog or digital.

I choose Digital though, just to stand that I'm not into this dogma in eurorack.
cptnal
akos.turi wrote:
cptnal wrote:

You can fill it. I disabled the "google only" checkbox. : )

Cool. Did what I can. Starthief raised valid points about some of the questions.
sfny
Done, interested to see the response data.
akos.turi
starthief wrote:
The issues I have with this survey:

Thank you for your detailed feedback! I assigned a few description to the questions. I should have designed this survey more precisely. I admit. waah
BaloErets
In the "How many VCA's" category, you might be getting mixed results where someone w/ a Quad VCA considers that 4 VCAs where others would call it 1 using the logic of 1 VCA module.
akos.turi
BaloErets wrote:
In the "How many VCA's" category, you might be getting mixed results where someone w/ a Quad VCA considers that 4 VCAs where others would call it 1 using the logic of 1 VCA module.

True, corrected.
acgenerator
a few suggestions:
- have a freeform comments section

- I suspect the survey will give you inconclusive results without some context about the user.
What is the size of their system (number of 84HP rows)? (maybe the VCA count correlates?)
What is their experience level (beginner, experienced, advance, professional)?
What is your typical monthly spend on eurorack?

As a large system owner / advanced user with an adequate budget, my shopping habits, wishlists, and constraints will be much different than a new user on a tight budget building their first skiff.
mirth23
re: analog/digital, I would have like to have seen:

- analog audio path with digital control
- I don't care
BDProject
Completed.

I would have added a "What is the size of your system (in HP)?" question. Otherwise, the VCA question is not really relevant. 4 VCAs in a 104hp system sounds like enough, 4 VCAs in a 1000hp, not so much grin
chrisso
I did the survey before all these changes and additions. It might be best to scrap it and start again.
dubonaire
You need to redo the survey so it doesn't reflect your assumptions.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2