MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

es-6 stupid question
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author es-6 stupid question
darkgr33n
Hey,

After struggling with the ES-8 due to being on a PC, I've now got an ES-3/ES-6 combo, alongside a Focusrite 18i20 - and running Ableton.

The thing is, at the moment, I've only got one toslink cable.

I'm currently just talking Audio, not CV.

If I go from the 18i20 ADAT OUT into the ES-3, I can receive audio from Ableton [drum loop for example] and throw it round the modular. Success!

BUT

If I go from the ES-6 to the ADAT IN on the 18i20, I can't seem to receive any signal whatsoever. I've currenly got an OSC. into the ES-6 input 1. *EDIT the LED lights up, so it's definitely receiving a signal; sample rate is 48kHz

I read that the ES-6 needs the ES-3 to get the clock, so does that mean that the ES-3 needs to be hooked up to the 18i20 via ADAT for the ES-6 to also send a signal ?

Perhaps I'm doing something stupid. It's more than likely.

I've setup Ableton with the focusrite correctly - ES-3 is working - but cannot for the life of me see a signal into the focusrite from the ES-6. I've enabled inputs 11->18 within Ableton, which are the ADAT channels on the 18i20 but Focusrite control centre receives nothing.

Any ideas ?

Thanks
The Expanding Man
darkgr33n wrote:
Hey,

Aso does that mean that the ES-3 needs to be hooked up to the 18i20 via ADAT for the ES-6 to also send a signal ?

Coincidence - I spent yesterday afternoon finally connecting ES 3 and ES 6 to my 18i20 running Ableton. This had been on my "to do" list for about 8 months.

Yes - you must have two ADAT cables. ES6 requires the world clock from the ADAT input going from your soundcard to the ES3.

Also, don't forget to reconfigure the number of inputs your 18i20 will pick up. I just clicked open all 18 inputs in the configure option.
darkgr33n
The Expanding Man wrote:

Coincidence - I spent yesterday afternoon finally connecting ES 3 and ES 6 to my 18i20 running Ableton. This had been on my "to do" list for about 8 months.

Yes - you must have two ADAT cables. ES6 requires the world clock from the ADAT input going from your soundcard to the ES3.

Also, don't forget to reconfigure the number of inputs your 18i20 will pick up. I just clicked open all 18 inputs in the configure option.

Thanks for that - I hoped that would be the case applause Everything arrived yesterday except the 2 optical cables which aren't coming until Monday frustratingly. Can't wait to get going wink

Are you using Silent Way yet ? I have got the CV tools mini plug-in for Ableton so maybe i'll spend the day seeing if i can get the hang of sending CV to the modular. Cheers
The Expanding Man
darkgr33n wrote:
The Expanding Man wrote:

Thanks for that - I hoped that would be the case applause Everything arrived yesterday except the 2 optical cables which aren't coming until Monday frustratingly. Can't wait to get going wink

Are you using Silent Way yet ? I have got the CV tools mini plug-in for Ableton so maybe i'll spend the day seeing if i can get the hang of sending CV to the modular. Cheers

Had a very quick play with silent way yesterday - managed to create a simple LFO and use it in a patch. Need more time to explore it's full functionality.
darkgr33n
Received the optical cables last night and BOOM! it all works perfectly wink Exactly how I had imagined it would work. Fantastic, thanks. Will give Silent Way a go, but at the moment I'm using CV Toolkit and that works well for my first faltering steps. Guinness ftw!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1