MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Favorite looper pedals?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Author Favorite looper pedals?
waylon
I have two favourites. This one https://musicsquare.co.uk/154703_BOSS-RC1-Looper-guitar-pedal.html because it's quite cheap, easy to use and can do a 12minutes long loop. Also this one https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DittoX2--tc-electronic-ditto-x 2-looper-pedal because of many options, like "reverse".
FraMauro
moylando wrote:
Have you checked out the frippertronics thread in this sub forum? Lot of discussion there which may be relevant depending on your intentions with your looper.

Thanks for this, I wasn't aware of this thread!
FraMauro
I've got the Digitech JamMan Solo XT with the FS-3 pedal. It's OK, but I wouldn't recommend it, even with the extra control pedal it's very fiddly for a small format, too many options. I'm now looking at the Boss RC-1, much simpler and only does what I need.
deepblackjoe@gmail.com
a purse sized reel2reel for precocious little tape loops. scotch tape works just fine
PapaLazarou
rc20xl + headrush mkii

old faithfuls
Chevron87
The Strymon Timeline has a simple and very intuitive looper onboard, plus you get some killer delay sounds too.
Idunno
I've got a Hotone Wally. Really compact and does the job of looping well enough. It can speed up and slow down the loops. But I'm not sure why I bought it, I don't really use it. I think I was just curious. It has had some use as a signal tester when testing guitar stompbox builds and mods though, as it leaves my hands free to tweak.
smetak
This will be coming out later on this year:

Howling Terror
Boss RC-3 is getting regular use. Last used during a jam session.

Even used the onboard drum sounds when the drummer took a break. :-)

The DL4 has a looper...don't use it. The Timefactor likewise.

I still use tapeloops. Cassette and 1/4". Currently employing a MT4X 4 track with the modular.
Saw a modded player that had CV controlled varispeed. Hmmm...maybe I should try the Echophon. :-)
p.j.
Idunno wrote:
I've got a Hotone Wally. Really compact and does the job of looping well enough. It can speed up and slow down the loops. But I'm not sure why I bought it, I don't really use it. I think I was just curious. It has had some use as a signal tester when testing guitar stompbox builds and mods though, as it leaves my hands free to tweak.

The Wally is fun and lets you do the speed up slow down effect so beloved by Mr. Bill Frisell.
p.j.
When my DL4's switches went wonky on me I got a Vox Dynamic Looper as a replacement. It does not do the loop fadeout like the Line6 but has so much other functionality that I don't miss my DL4 at all. It might be worth checking out even though it is no longer being made.
Vox Dynamic Looper Manual
1986Bowler
Got the tcelectronics Flasdback X4. HUGE pedal.

But works very well- and lots of lush delay too!
mmm.guitar
+1 for the Boss RC-3, simple little looper to jam with.
ExtrasensoryPerception
I have tried a few, but I always go back to the DL4, with its limitations. I love that pedal!
smetak
This has just been released - a cross between a glitch/looper thing and a Red Panda Particule:

https://chaseblissaudio.com/product/mood/
Xmit
^

Mood : just ordered ! hihi

Looks great & unlike any pedal I've currently got..
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Page 2 of 2