MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Behringer to introduce sub-100$ range of modules
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 [all]
Author Behringer to introduce sub-100$ range of modules
thispoison
mskala wrote:
What's it going to take to buck the trend of everyone wanting smaller and smaller modules? Maybe better cases?

Didn’t realise that was really a trend. If it is though, my guess is it will be the next trend, which I’ll probably miss too. It's peanut butter jelly time!
scragz
mskala wrote:
What's it going to take to buck the trend of everyone wanting smaller and smaller modules? Maybe better cases?

Bigger houses?
Zymos
Wonder how many pages this thread will be by the time they actually release a module....
ckwjr
mskala wrote:
ckwjr wrote:
Agreed it may not be enough to compete on the single dimension of price when there are already a few manufacturers competing on two dimensions: price and size. Ladik has its range of sub $100 4hp and slightly bigger modules. 2hp has its slightly more expensive but still not high-priced products.

There are trends and counter-trends. I'm waiting for a complete synth voice with VCO, VCF,VCA and modulation in 2 hp. On the other hand, the popular Intellijel Rainmaker is two football fields long.
rayultine
Zymos wrote:
Wonder how many pages this thread will be by the time they actually release a module....

heat death of the universe
mskala
ckwjr wrote:
There are trends and counter-trends. I'm waiting for a complete synth voice with VCO, VCF,VCA and modulation in 2 hp. On the other hand, the popular Intellijel Rainmaker is two football fields long.

Yeah, and those are Canadian football fields, which won't fit in a case designed for American or European football fields, but all three are in the same ModularGrid category...
Tonescape
mskala wrote:

This trend is related to those of us wanting compact systems for live use.

I'd definitely prefer having big, solid modules, but for travelling on a plane, space is everything.

I do have a few modules that takes up a good amount of space in my "tiny" 2x104 hp case. AJH Mini mod Filter is one of them. I could easily find a good filter at half the hp, but it just sounds so damn good and that big cutoff knob is very sexy (and useful hihi )

Luckily we have so many different manufacturers, that I think we are all covered.

ACL, AJH, Many of the Erica synths modules, Pittsburg and so on.
okiikahuna
gotta worry about the effect a player like Behringer could have on the little oneor two person shops that have been the life blood of the Eurorack renaissance. That said, such worries wouldn't stop me from grabbing an inexpensive 2600 or Synthi clone with both hands as soon as it dropped.And if the filters on that UBXa sound reasonably close to the Oby, I'm sold! I'm bored with all my 80s CEM polysynths.
okiikahuna
mskala wrote:
ckwjr wrote:

Yeah, and those are Canadian football fields, which won't fit in a case designed for American or European football fields, but all three are in the same ModularGrid category...

2hp? 1hp should be more than enough!Don't ya think?
atte
0 HP!

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=185870
EATyourGUITAR
starthief wrote:
you can see and feel where they were cut off from some other piece as part of the manufacturing process, and are even a little bit warped around that point.

there is no casting or rolling plant for aluminum sheet that has a process designed for eurorack sized panels with prefinished edges coming straight off the production line. ALL aluminum sheet is rolled even if it is casted. ALL aluminum sheet has edges trimmed at the factory. it usually comes in 3ft or 4ft rolls. therefor all aluminum eurorack panels are punched, laser cut, die roll cut, milled, water jet, or wire electric discharge machine cut. there are literally no other possible ways of cutting aluminum sheet. they always come from sheet. never casted ever.

starthief wrote:
they were cut off from some other piece as part of the manufacturing process

all eurorack panels are.

starthief wrote:
and are even a little bit warped around that point.

yes I agree. these are punched out it the cheapest way possible. it leaves marks in the panel. you can have cheap punched panels or you can have perfectly cut nice panels. pick one. what do you think behringer will do?
MapacheRaper
I just want Uli not to f7ck with mutable clones. If for some reason Uli decides to make "Blouds" and "Bings" at 99 each, go figure

Better stick with the 2600 and the cs80
cptnal
MapacheRaper wrote:
I just want Uli not to f7ck with mutable clones. If for some reason Uli decides to make "Blouds" and "Bings" at 99 each, go figure

Whimsical Raps would be a much more rewarding victim. Consider:

Bold Mac
Bust Friends
Bree Sisters

Dead Banana
Keltie
cptnal wrote:
MapacheRaper wrote:

Whimsical Raps would be a much more rewarding victim. Consider:

Bold Mac
Bust Friends
Bree Sisters

Dead Banana

Intellijel!

Brainmaker ( trololol )
Blonk
Bellysquasher
Batlantis
mskala
MapacheRaper wrote:

Seems like if they're going to clone anything, cloning a module that is both open source and discontinued by its original manufacturer would do the least possible amount of harm to the industry.
cackland
I like the idea of bellysquasher... Too many beers, patch the module and you're back to normal.

Win win Guinness ftw!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 24, 25, 26 [all]
Page 26 of 26