MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Glitchmachines Palindrome (new VST)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author Glitchmachines Palindrome (new VST)
mt3

Glitchmachines Palindrome

"Granular morph plotting sampler".
No demo videos yet (in a few weeks apparently).

https://soundcloud.com/glitchmachines/factory-presets-demo-palindrome

https://glitchmachines.com/products/palindrome
mckenic
Yeah - saw that and got excited. Cant wait for Ivo to make a demo vid. Also reminds me I must look at the last few releases I dont have and add them to the arsenal!
Hougaard
mckenic wrote:
Yeah - saw that and got excited. Cant wait for Ivo to make a demo vid. Also reminds me I must look at the last few releases I dont have and add them to the arsenal!

+1

Found this video

Palindrome
Muzone
Always get a little excited when there's a new GM release, will inevitably 'add to basket' smile
secretkillerofnames
Yeah this is great! thumbs up
Big fan of their FX but never found a use for Polygon and Cataract.
Took about 5mins to find the workflow.
Reminds me of that "Dust" plugin. Not quite as quirky sounding but more readily controllable.
The path definition morphing between the 4 granulators is the key feature here - easy to define and very useful.
mt3
secretkillerofnames wrote:
Reminds me of that "Dust" plugin. Not quite as quirky sounding but more readily controllable.

Damn, that was my first initial thought as well.
I'm one of the few that loves Dust.
SlayerBadger!
secretkillerofnames
mt3 wrote:
secretkillerofnames wrote:

Damn, that was my first initial thought as well.
I'm one of the few that loves Dust.
SlayerBadger!

I love it also but it seems like it works best just generating crazy material to cut up later.
Palindrome works more like a Vector synth / Wavestation type thing and is very playable.
digidandy
Trying to find out if Palindrome has "grain rate" control, in addition to grain size control. Anyone here know?

I think some of the sound demos I've hard sounds rather "rough", and thinking this might be due to lacking grain rate control. Is the grain rate fixed, perhaps?
secretkillerofnames
digidandy wrote:
Trying to find out if Palindrome has "grain rate" control, in addition to grain size control. Anyone here know?

I think some of the sound demos I've hard sounds rather "rough", and thinking this might be due to lacking grain rate control. Is the grain rate fixed, perhaps?

I think it may be fixed. It has Triangular and Hann windowing functions to smooth the grains. Start point and size modulate the looping sections so you can scrub through the sample at your leisure. Pitch is modulated by MIDI notes in addition to having a modulatable control however i'm not sure whether it is changing the rate or shifting the grains. There isn't a density function.
digidandy
Ok, thanks for clarifying. That explains the particular sound I thought I was hearing. It's a bit of a shame to include granular sample playback without grain rate/density, it makes playback more static than it has to be.
mt3
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1