MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

White Noise Generator
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Author White Noise Generator
noise_not_music
Anyone got any leads on where to purchase a white noise generator synth type box? I know you can use literally anything as a "white noise generator" but Ive seen specific boxes that are white noise generators with a knob or two to change frequencies and such but they happen to unfortunatly be sold out or unavailable
RUMPLEDFORESKIN
I have an old Sirkut WNG2 that I'd be willing to trade for something. I'd offer to sell it, but my paypal account is locked for a month or so because it was hacked.
TRUE DEEP
If you are able to solder Velleman does noise generator kits ... they are cheap and easy to build and you can mod them as well.
noise_not_music
RUMPLEDFORESKIN wrote:
I have an old Sirkut WNG2 that I'd be willing to trade for something. I'd offer to sell it, but my paypal account is locked for a month or so because it was hacked.

I mean I'd love to, I just dont know if I have anything thats worth trading
LHOOQtius
Doepfer A-118 Eurorack in an Arturia RackBrute, and then you can add a couple other modules next to it, like a Malekko Noise and a Bastl Noise Square, so that you are in noise heaven.
felixer
noise generators are a constant source of surprise. they are all (slightly) different. the velleman kit is digital. which is different yet.
i'm waiting for somebody to open a museum for noisegenerators!
i've seen small xlr plugs with a noisegenerator inside. prob mean to eq your system. but you'll need 48v phantompower.
check under old lab equipment. can often be had cheaply. sometimes they just trow it away. a mate of mine got a nice sine generator from the garbage bin of a university! neede a few new valves but that was it. like sometimes you find tv's on the side of the street that only need a new fuse hmmm.....
holyrodent
Hands down, the best noise generator is the RMA Crustacean.
Has lots of character in a good way, sounds super crusty, built like a rusty Soviet tank.
http://www.rochambeau.net/crustacean/

He can build one; if he doesn't have any in stock.
thundermouse
Honestly old AM radios work great and you can find them at any thrift or flea market crazy cheap
felixer
thundermouse wrote:
Honestly old AM radios work great and you can find them at any thrift or flea market crazy cheap

but in order to use'm for eurorack you'll need a preamp to bring it up to 5V.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Synth Noise  
Page 1 of 1