White Noise Generator

Discussing gear, production, and ideas for making noise music. Enough JMJ, let's rock like Merzbow!

Moderators: luketeaford, lisa, Kent, Joe.

noise_not_music
Common Wiggler

White Noise Generator

Post by noise_not_music » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:27 pm

Anyone got any leads on where to purchase a white noise generator synth type box? I know you can use literally anything as a "white noise generator" but Ive seen specific boxes that are white noise generators with a knob or two to change frequencies and such but they happen to unfortunatly be sold out or unavailable

RUMPLEDFORESKIN
Common Wiggler

Post by RUMPLEDFORESKIN » Wed Apr 25, 2018 8:06 am

I have an old Sirkut WNG2 that I'd be willing to trade for something. I'd offer to sell it, but my paypal account is locked for a month or so because it was hacked.

TRUE DEEP
Common Wiggler

Post by TRUE DEEP » Wed Apr 25, 2018 10:54 am

If you are able to solder Velleman does noise generator kits ... they are cheap and easy to build and you can mod them as well.

noise_not_music
Common Wiggler

Post by noise_not_music » Mon May 07, 2018 8:05 pm

RUMPLEDFORESKIN wrote:I have an old Sirkut WNG2 that I'd be willing to trade for something. I'd offer to sell it, but my paypal account is locked for a month or so because it was hacked.
I mean I'd love to, I just dont know if I have anything thats worth trading

LHOOQtius
Learning to Wiggle

Post by LHOOQtius » Wed May 09, 2018 12:59 am

Doepfer A-118 Eurorack in an Arturia RackBrute, and then you can add a couple other modules next to it, like a Malekko Noise and a Bastl Noise Square, so that you are in noise heaven.

felixer
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by felixer » Fri May 25, 2018 10:19 am

noise generators are a constant source of surprise. they are all (slightly) different. the velleman kit is digital. which is different yet.
i'm waiting for somebody to open a museum for noisegenerators!
i've seen small xlr plugs with a noisegenerator inside. prob mean to eq your system. but you'll need 48v phantompower.
check under old lab equipment. can often be had cheaply. sometimes they just trow it away. a mate of mine got a nice sine generator from the garbage bin of a university! neede a few new valves but that was it. like sometimes you find tv's on the side of the street that only need a new fuse :hmm:
don't need midi, don't need keys, just want knobs and cables (all together now ;-)

holyrodent
Learning to Wiggle

Post by holyrodent » Sun May 27, 2018 11:49 pm

Hands down, the best noise generator is the RMA Crustacean.
Has lots of character in a good way, sounds super crusty, built like a rusty Soviet tank.
http://www.rochambeau.net/crustacean/

He can build one; if he doesn't have any in stock.

thundermouse
Wiggling with Experience

Post by thundermouse » Wed May 30, 2018 9:59 am

Honestly old AM radios work great and you can find them at any thrift or flea market crazy cheap
WTB: the world a Coke.

felixer
Super Deluxe Wiggler

Post by felixer » Wed May 30, 2018 10:59 am

thundermouse wrote:Honestly old AM radios work great and you can find them at any thrift or flea market crazy cheap
but in order to use'm for eurorack you'll need a preamp to bring it up to 5V.
don't need midi, don't need keys, just want knobs and cables (all together now ;-)

Return to “Synth Noise”