MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

BBC Sound Effects archive (16,016 WAV files for free)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Author BBC Sound Effects archive (16,016 WAV files for free)
RedLab
Didn't see this posted anywhere on muff so here goes:

http://bbcsfx.acropolis.org.uk/

(Not sure if this is the correct subforum, so move it if it fits better elsewhere)
Panason
Quote:
16,016 WAV files

to add to the other several thousand on your hard drive! Dead Banana

thanks!
RedLab
Thankfully you can listen to and download the files individually
Mostin77
All those deep sea audio files Miley Cyrus
ersatzplanet
"they may be used for personal, educational or research purposes, as detailed in the license." - so you can't make tracks with them.
flo
Yes, that's a pity about the license. Also looks like they're all just 16bit. Still fun to sort through though thumbs up
Panason
I doubt the BBC will be chasing you down for these unless your track really makes it... With a little processing you can mangle them beyond legal recognition anyway w00t If you feel guilty, remember TV licensing!

Dead Banana
Richie Jape
I was thinking about this, what would be the status if you played a sound over a speaker and recorded it in the room you are in ?

is that still not allowed i wonder, or if you were making a field recording in a public place and someone is playing a radio with a beatles song on for example - can you use that in a track ?
Panason
Not sure about sound effects but when it comes to music I'm pretty sure that would still be unauthorised reproduction. You could of course reverse the Beatles sample to get Satanic voices instead lol
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software  
Page 1 of 1