MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

I have the mother 32 and now I'm buying the 0 coast
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author I have the mother 32 and now I'm buying the 0 coast
Konnecta
First time poster so I apologize if I'm bringing up already discussed topics. I did have a look and found thread discussions on which to buy.. but havent seen much on how these two synths compliment each other. I'm new to modular and music making in general. I plan to get the 0 coast and two nice krk speakers to go with my mother 32 and then get Ableton down the road. Any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated.
AW198
Konnecta wrote:
but havent seen much on how these two synths compliment each other.


They're pretty well known for complimenting each other, so you're safe with those purchases.

Get used to Ableton with its stock effects (youtube is your friend) and get some decent speakers, I don't know what your budget is for that. Perhaps KRK are best for you.

You've got a long, fun journey ahead w00t
Konnecta
Thanks, I'll check out the speakers and see how expensive they get thumbs up
cptnal
Satisfied KRK user here. They're not expensive, perfect output for my size of room, and very accurate. In fact if I'm playing back something I've recorded, and the synth is still patched, I have stop myself wiggling because it's too easy to think I'm still listening to it live. oops
AW198
cptnal wrote:
Satisfied KRK user here. They're not expensive, perfect output for my size of room, and very accurate. In fact if I'm playing back something I've recorded, and the synth is still patched, I have stop myself wiggling because it's too easy to think I'm still listening to it live. oops
Oddly enough, I hate my KRKs because they're inaccurate! I often find myself using spectrum analysers etc to mix low mids/bass because I can't get my ears around how the monitors sound... but yeah they are pretty good for the cost. Can't complain there.
cptnal
AW198 wrote:
cptnal wrote:
Satisfied KRK user here. They're not expensive, perfect output for my size of room, and very accurate. In fact if I'm playing back something I've recorded, and the synth is still patched, I have stop myself wiggling because it's too easy to think I'm still listening to it live. oops
Oddly enough, I hate my KRKs because they're inaccurate! I often find myself using spectrum analysers etc to mix low mids/bass because I can't get my ears around how the monitors sound... but yeah they are pretty good for the cost. Can't complain there.


Do yours have the trims on the back? Maybe you need to adjust them to your room.
AW198
cptnal wrote:
AW198 wrote:
cptnal wrote:
Satisfied KRK user here. They're not expensive, perfect output for my size of room, and very accurate. In fact if I'm playing back something I've recorded, and the synth is still patched, I have stop myself wiggling because it's too easy to think I'm still listening to it live. oops
Oddly enough, I hate my KRKs because they're inaccurate! I often find myself using spectrum analysers etc to mix low mids/bass because I can't get my ears around how the monitors sound... but yeah they are pretty good for the cost. Can't complain there.


Do yours have the trims on the back? Maybe you need to adjust them to your room.


Have done already. My room is fairly badly treated though (there are reasons why I can't improve it), so I'm willing to bet it's mainly the room acoustics that I'm passing off as KRK issues. Can't test that yet though so I just stick for headphones for most mixing and enjoy the bass when I play Insurgency.

Anyway, back to the thread... hihi
gonkulator
Konnecta wrote:
First time poster so I apologize if I'm bringing up already discussed topics. I did have a look and found thread discussions on which to buy.. but havent seen much on how these two synths compliment each other. I'm new to modular and music making in general. I plan to get the 0 coast and two nice krk speakers to go with my mother 32 and then get Ableton down the road. Any insight or advice would be greatly appreciated.


It will be interesting to get your point of view comparing and contrasting the M32 and 0-Coast.
Konnecta
So I started thinking about the synths but then the speakers came to light. I'm thinking of jbl lsr 305's which are a nice bit cheaper. And I'm definitely sold on the 0 coast after some digging, which I should have done first. it seems they are a perfect combination. I will be sure to post my impressions. Thanks all ✌
TheDegenerateElite
The Mk II JBL 305s are amazing.

They are my standard speaker just for monitoring while playing synths, and for music while building/working on stuff.


For mixing, I always use headphones and then listen in actual environments.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group