Peter B Workshop SF August Tocante/Mobenthy

home of post-70s electronics

Moderators: Kent, bartlebooth

horaflora
Wiggling with Experience

Peter B Workshop SF August Tocante/Mobenthy

Post by horaflora » Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:34 am

Special announcement for San Francisco bay area:
Workshop with Peter B for 8/18 at Noisebridge! He is offering kits, at half price of completed instruments, Tocante for $210 & Mobenthey set for $999.
Tocante is 10 flavors: circle, square, triangle, red circle, red square, red triangle, bass square, bass triangle, zenert and karper.
Mobenthey set includes: fourses, 3xswoop, 2xdenum, dunst, sprott.
Peter requested an Informal poll so he knows what to bring. If you’re planning on coming down, what are you interested in building? I’ll post more information as it becomes available.
Last edited by horaflora on Tue May 29, 2018 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

ehafh
Wiggling with Experience

Post by ehafh » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:27 am

it would be awesome if those IFM pcb/panels were for sale on a regular basis or even a limited time.

if anyone making the decision reads this please consider it, we would gladly pay money on top of the board costs. i probably can't afford to fly out to SF + hotel + event but would love to build these things.

and to all the lucky people who can get to the event have fun!

jsu
Learning to Wiggle

WORKSHOP DETAILS - 8/18/2018 at Noisebridge Hackerspace

Post by jsu » Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:13 pm

Click here for the official page and registration link that pre-orders your kit.
Multiple Tocantes are okay, including day of the event.
First come, first served on registration.

Here is the Facebook Event page.

Below is a video of Peter's introduction from the last workshop we held in 2016.

rmro
Common Wiggler

Post by rmro » Tue May 01, 2018 4:13 am

Are any of these planned for Europe any time soon? I'd love to attend one of these.

jsu
Learning to Wiggle

Post by jsu » Mon May 14, 2018 4:35 pm

Registration is still open for the August 18th workshop! We would love to have you with us in San Francisco! Be sure to register an order for your kit now if you wish to attend. :hyper:

muddy ranks
Common Wiggler

Post by muddy ranks » Thu May 17, 2018 6:48 pm

Out of excitement I jumped at the chance to register, but to be honest, I really have no experience building electronics. Any suggestions on a good way to get started? Or at least get in enough practice before the workshop? :doh: :help:

jsu
Learning to Wiggle

Post by jsu » Fri May 18, 2018 9:47 am

muddy ranks wrote:Any suggestions on a good way to get started? Or at least get in enough practice before the workshop? :doh: :help:
Absolutely, come by Noisebridge and learn to solder. Open 11am - 10pm daily. We have all of the tools you'll need on-hand. Every Monday at 7pm is when we teach a class on soldering and basic electronics called "Circuit Hacking Mondays" that is on noisebridge.net, meetup and our facebook. You can walk out of that class having actually built a simple kit.

Main things you'll need are a steady hand and patience. Peter is patient and helpful. We'll help you out as best we can.

muddy ranks
Common Wiggler

Post by muddy ranks » Fri May 18, 2018 4:52 pm

jsu wrote:
muddy ranks wrote:Any suggestions on a good way to get started? Or at least get in enough practice before the workshop? :doh: :help:
Absolutely, come by Noisebridge and learn to solder. Open 11am - 10pm daily. We have all of the tools you'll need on-hand. Every Monday at 7pm is when we teach a class on soldering and basic electronics called "Circuit Hacking Mondays" that is on noisebridge.net, meetup and our facebook. You can walk out of that class having actually built a simple kit.

Main things you'll need are a steady hand and patience. Peter is patient and helpful. We'll help you out as best we can.
AWESOME!! That's so cool. The next two mondays aren't gonna work for me, but following that I'll be there!

namon
Common Wiggler

Post by namon » Sun May 20, 2018 11:24 am

Oh snap, sounds amazing!

horaflora
Wiggling with Experience

Post by horaflora » Wed May 23, 2018 3:53 pm

Hey, the initial post here says 8/19 - I just sold a Tocante in order to fund this workshop, and now may not be able to go! Please edit so nobody else falls for this!

Edit: doh! Completely forgot that I posted this on behalf of the people putting it on....
wow

:bang:

Return to “Ciat-Lonbarde”