MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

clamping questions
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author clamping questions
ketem13
I'm reading Allen Strange's book and I'm feel very lucky to have this book full of informative information..

Now I'm reading about the fm trills in figure 7.9 (p.102)

I don't think I fully understand what is the waveform clapping and if there is any eurorack module that is doing it.

will it be correct to say that clapping is type of half waveform rectifiers that out only the positive values of a wave ? is that true ?

Thanks and sorry for my english, I hope you guys can understand my question
Pelsea
Allen's FM trill patch is just that- changing the pitch with a square wave added to the keyboard CV. If the LFO is attenuated to 1/6 volt, you will get a major 2nd trill. Doable on any OSC with 2 inputs, needn't be a fancy through-zero job. It works best if you have an LFO with a reset so the note always begins on the played pitch.

"Clamping" is Moog's term for sync. The 921 is fairly unique in that it lets you adjust the start phase of the waveform after the sync pulse (an S trig, meaning going from 5v to 0).
ketem13
Pelsea wrote:
Allen's FM trill patch is just that- changing the pitch with a square wave added to the keyboard CV. If the LFO is attenuated to 1/6 volt, you will get a major 2nd trill. Doable on any OSC with 2 inputs, needn't be a fancy through-zero job. It works best if you have an LFO with a reset so the note always begins on the played pitch.

"Clamping" is Moog's term for sync. The 921 is fairly unique in that it lets you adjust the start phase of the waveform after the sync pulse (an S trig, meaning going from 5v to 0).

thanks!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1