MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

endorphin.es BLCK_NOIR Superbooth 2018
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Author endorphin.es BLCK_NOIR Superbooth 2018
behndy
verrrrry nice andrewhuang!
Diabolik!
what do you all think would be the best drum sequencer to go with this?

The Erica drum sequencer looks good on paper, but its super expensive and seems like it has a lot of problems.

Eloquencer? Crazy8 Beats?
andrewhuang
I love Eloquencer with it. Blck_Noir has 7 sounds to trigger plus the clock input for live fills and the internal S&H, and then 13 sound parameters, so there's potential to throw loooots of CV at it.
Muse FTW
Kinda strange how the main tone parameter (Thrust) is linked between so many channels. Spoiler being a mass bit degrader makes sense if you think of it as an effect, I guess.

The one knob to control 2 effect parameters is kinda strange too tbh. I get that they're going for immediacy and performance but I feel like it's more of a hindrance than just having a second knob.

The effects themselves sound good, and having that onboard freeze effect is super useful. The filter is OK but there should be some kind of res control in addition to the cutoff...

The aux in only going to the filter and not going to the effects unless you hold down the Type button is ridiculous. That's the kind of thing that should get a dedicated toggle or switch.

I'm still pretty interested in this (and their Shuttle system) but those are some pretty interesting design choices.
andrewhuang
The aux effect thing is definitely not ideal.

In playing with it I got thinking of "thrust" as the "flavor of the kit" knob. More individual sound params would always be great but I imagine that's the tradeoff they had to make with a thing that's already 30hp.

Also, "flaps" knob = resonance!
spinalbeatz
Diabolik! wrote:

The Erica drum sequencer looks good on paper, but its super expensive and seems like it has a lot of problems.

Erica Synths would definitely pair nicely. It has a few bugs but they've been addressing those issues.
Digarojr
Great video Andrew, it answered a lot of questions!

Diabolik! wrote:

I think the Bastl Knit Rider could work quite well. It doesn't take up a lot of HP but is still very hands on. The only downside is that it doesn't have swing.
Torn n Frayed
Digarojr wrote:
Great video Andrew, it answered a lot of questions!

Diabolik! wrote:

I think the Bastl Knit Rider could work quite well. It doesn't take up a lot of HP but is still very hands on. The only downside is that it doesn't have swing.

New FW for Knit Rider adds swing...
geh2oman
Has anywhere in the US started preorders? I’ve seen pages up on Moog Audio, Schneider’s, Australia, Norway...
Jenseits
Seems they continue with their vulgar marketing.
They trained the female they found somewhere to control a modular.

The fact that she is doing it fully clothed baffles me... Although the skirt is a tad short. hihi

Excellent job Julia! Enjoyed the music a lot!

Multi Grooves
I cannot work out if this is a recruitment ad for INCELs or a drum module....

Grumpypanda69 wrote:
Looks and sounds great. Until I have the cash for the Erica drum system this’ll do nicely.

Quick insert. I was offended by that T-shirt in 2016, then realized my Cannibal Corpse “Worm Infested” & my old “F#ck me Jesus” metal shirt were a bit more offensive, so what does it matter?

As for the lady posing partly naked, if she’s enjoying herself & is not being forcibly made to do it it’s really nonce of you business yeah? Personally I think her posts online show she is a highly intelligent individual capable of making sound decisions, and she is rather attractive. As my wife said when looking at the Endorphins said “if you’ve got it flaunt it”.

I’ve no interest in any of their other modules, but have already put an estimated budget aside to buy this ASAP.

Now I'll just leave...
Diabolik!
ben_hex
Diabolik! wrote:

Was just coming to add my demo video to the thread! Thanks for sharing it. For those that want to skip around there’s a sections lit / timing index in the video description.
behndy
so hawt. always love your vidjas suh. took an interest in Befaco loots and made it a sexy times passion crush.

Noir sounds GOOD. but gimme that stutter repeat effects section as a smaller module.

MOOF.
spinalbeatz
It's available at PCA for anyone interested.
geh2oman
Just put my money on one from Control Voltage! Even got a handy little phone call to let me know it was ready for ordering—those people are so nice.
jfb
Ordered one yesterday. Woohoo!
j259
Hmm, the noise floor seems a bit better on this than the Grand Terminal, perhaps because the gating or master level handling is different?

I think it's cool they went quirky CR78 style as opposed to the usual.

They should do another version of this with west coast complementary voicing, maybe more sine / wave shape / fm and pink and blue noise, burst generator and transistor gates.

The noise modulator on the Furthrrrr sounds so great, would be nice to have a simplified version of this and some more circuits for blips and bloops.

With similar redundancy, they could call it Red Rouge or something cool
monads
spinalbeatz wrote:
It's available at PCA for anyone interested.

Thanks! Order placed! SlayerBadger!
spinalbeatz
Placed my order tonight as well!
huffnPuff
Awesome demo by divkid! I’ll get one when funds allow.
geh2oman
How are people planning on sequencing theirs? I'm really torn right now between picking up:

a) second Ansible
b) MN Tempi
c) Beatstep Pro
d) Euclidean Circles
e) Knit Rider

Maybe I could be charmed into a Varigate? I don't know, I don't really have the space for the 8+ and the 4/4+ only go to 8 steps. Grids would be nice if it had more than three outputs. seriously, i just don't get it
spinalbeatz
I'm using the Erica Synths drum sequencer to trigger mine and I absolutely love the combo. PNW would pair very well with this also.
Diabolik!
I haven't gotten my Blck Noir in yet, but my eloquencer came in yesterday and I'm loving it. i'm using it with a couple Pico drum modules, and its very intuitive and easy to use. Love the visual feedback as well.
spinalbeatz
Posted a quick video on my Instagram! https://www.instagram.com/p/BnhMSCpF8N5/
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Page 5 of 9