MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

endorphin.es BLCK_NOIR Superbooth 2018
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 [all]
Author endorphin.es BLCK_NOIR Superbooth 2018
xthrasherx
insoul8 wrote:
I agree and it's nice having something not 808 or 909 inspired. The CR-78 was Roland's first programmable drum machine.

I meant I never messed with anything that was trying to copy the cr-78 (samples or otherwise). I can pick up a small sample wav player if I find I absolutely need that 909 kick sound (or a sample of the DFAM) later on. Rarely do i not run something through one of my many FSU devices, so I’m probably fretting over nothing. As long as it moves air, I’ll be stoked It's peanut butter jelly time!

*edit* Ordered! Looking forward to adding this to the case in a few days and even more so to pairing it up with the new WMD sequencer whenever it finally ships. applause
ES
Anyone experiencing high bleed on all the noise related outputs?

Through the mix out and when seperated.

I was using it with a distortion for ages and wanted to go cleaner and now have noticed a ridiculously high volume of bleed especially on the hh and cymbal/metal bar outputs.

Continuous high frequency noise. Is really noticeable even before 12'o clock on the vol.

Love this module but I cant use it like this confused

Will record on the weekend in two cases and see what comes up..
limpmeat
I had issues just like you described, was the PSU in one of my cases. Moved it to a different case and it disappeared
JM Midnight
So far, I've been using my Noir with a DC-1 Computer and an Erica Drum Mix. Erica really helps fatten up the kicks and define all the other beats. I really love the Noir, and it is kinda noisy, but the Erica does a bit to help smooth out the bleed.
xthrasherx
So I’ve had the blck_noir in the rack for a bit now. I go back and forth on a couple aspects of it, but it ticks enough of the boxes for me overall. Sometimes the kick doesn’t cut it for me and I’ll send another kick in through the aux in. When I do this I’ll tune the Noir kick to become more of a low tom which works quite nicely.

That said, I did quite enjoy the blck_noir on this track where everything felt like it gelled quite nicely. Just need for that new WMD sequencer to hurry up and arrive because it looks like an excellent pattern variation machine.

shanebroderick
would you suggest having a bunch of dedicated attenuators for this module?
monads
^I wouldn't think so. For me it's more set the knobs and trigger away. Some of the knobs work as attenuators when CV is applied.
docsample
limpmeat wrote:
I had issues just like you described, was the PSU in one of my cases. Moved it to a different case and it disappeared

what case are you using? I have tried a 4ms pod and make noise skiff w/ uzeus power. both noisy as hell. haven't tried my pittsburgh or mantis case yet.
ikkini
A question to Blck_noir users.

For those who did the TFD update, do you have an issue with the cabin fever knob ?
With this firmware, this knob is only useable from minimum value to noon. Past this value it is already at maximum and has no more effect.

I went back to Darkwave and the knob behaves normally. (but now, the filter is a simple LPF, not the LP/HP isolator style...)

Am I the only one with these issues ? seriously, i just don't get it
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 [all]
Page 9 of 9