MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

endorphin.es BLCK_NOIR Superbooth 2018
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Author endorphin.es BLCK_NOIR Superbooth 2018
CF3
Baddcr wrote:
Very good - I like the focus - sounds great smile

And the gold on black is much nicer than the purple on black!

The Black & Gold is super classy. Would love a whole Endorphin.es system like that. Gorgeous.
behndy
Baddcr wrote:
Very good - I like the focus - sounds great smile

And the gold on black is much nicer than the purple on black!

ya mawmz is nicer than the purple on black.

it is MAGENTA suh.

MAGENTA.

HARUMPH.
behndy
but yah. digging the black and gold. purdy.
abendrot
BLCK_NOIR is my personal highlight from this years superbooth.
You can use the effect processor for external signals.
You can tune the noise. It has an internal filter. The mute buttons
are super fun to play with and it sounds AMAZING!!

Super hyped for this module. Great job Endorphins! applause we're not worthy
InteBra
Also excited but the lack of a real demo is strange. The teaser video doesn't really count so we only have the Sonicstate video with crappy sound. Or?
guestt
It was only just announced - demo videos will come - give folk a chance!

Oh and it's not available until July - so don't be too surprised if a proper demo isn't forthcoming until then!
dephonator
huffnPuff wrote:
Metasonix is just as gross but AFAIK he doesn’t pose partly dressed to sell modules. It gets old real fast. Take a look at the pheromon.es website and documentation if you don’t know what I’m talking about.

Since I had nothing nerdy to do on my sunday morning, I visited the site you suggested (needs flash so you get to see nothing on an iOS device), but fail to see someone posing "partly dressed to sell modules". I don't understand Spanish, I must say, so maybe I'm missing something here. The site seems to have nothing to do with Modular Synths at all. hmmm.....

huffnPuff wrote:
I take it as an insult to nerds, in other words I take it personally.

What? I don't get it... Many strange posts nowadays on MW. So many moralists. And no one seems to be offended by the forum's name itself...

To add a totally superfluous remark: I myself am not particularly overwhelmed by the sounds from the BLACK_NOIR. But we will see. After all, I'm a big fan of the Endorphin.es thumbs up
InteBra

Somwhat better sounds in this one.
monads
I like the new panel color version....but hoping they offer to purchase a panel in original color scheme to match the Shuttle System Mr. Green
geremyf
I really dig the black and purple. I think I would probably just buy based on appearance!
Nutritional Zero
It’s been all quiet on this one, I think it would be really useful for me. I hope we can find out more soon.
huffnPuff
dephonator wrote:
huffnPuff wrote:
Metasonix is just as gross but AFAIK he doesn’t pose partly dressed to sell modules. It gets old real fast. Take a look at the pheromon.es website and documentation if you don’t know what I’m talking about.

Since I had nothing nerdy to do on my sunday morning, I visited the site you suggested (needs flash so you get to see nothing on an iOS device), but fail to see someone posing "partly dressed to sell modules". I don't understand Spanish, I must say, so maybe I'm missing something here. The site seems to have nothing to do with Modular Synths at all. hmmm.....

huffnPuff wrote:

What? I don't get it... Many strange posts nowadays on MW. So many moralists. And no one seems to be offended by the forum's name itself...

To add a totally superfluous remark: I myself am not particularly overwhelmed by the sounds from the BLACK_NOIR. But we will see. After all, I'm a big fan of the Endorphin.es thumbs up

The pheromon.es reference was a joke, my take on endorphin.es. I didn’t check if there was an actual website with this address, apparently there is. I have and love the FG, I think endorphin.es have a great engineering team but their marketing does not appeal to me as much. An insult to nerds was (another) tongue in cheek allusion to sexually challenged wigglers that will buy anything advertised by a pretty girl.

It’s not at all a question of morals, there’s nothing immoral with what these guys and girl are doing. I’m not offended either, I’m just too old and cranky for this kind of teenage humor. So take my comment for what it is - one neurotic person’s rant on a public forum. Add a grain of salt and a zest of lemon to taste, you’re welcome.

In case you’re wondering this was the soundtrack of my adolescence.

Back to topic, meh.

P.S.

Why are the Cramps still cool and endorphin.es never will be? Because the Cramps don’t expose skin to sell a product - they ARE the product: filthy, raunchy and fun. Poison Ivy isn’t a model they found somewhere, she’s been playing with the band since day one. Their singer, Lux Interior, is very comfortable with exposing himself as well. Enjoy.

What endorphin.es do is a case study in turning the beautiful into the ugly.
electricanada
InteBra wrote:

Somwhat better sounds in this one.

Pretty boring and conventional. Why waste modular space on something so easily obtained from a computer or a drumbox? I pass.
dephonator
Another lazy Sunday morning...

huffnPuff wrote:
dephonator wrote:
huffnPuff wrote:

huffnPuff wrote:

The pheromon.es reference was a joke, my take on endorphin.es. I didn’t check if there was an actual website with this address, apparently there is. I have and love the FG, I think endorphin.es have a great engineering team but their marketing does not appeal to me as much. An insult to nerds was (another) tongue in cheek allusion to sexually challenged wigglers that will buy anything advertised by a pretty girl.

My post was tongue in cheek too, not meant that seriously and certainly not as an offense to you, huffnPuff spinning

huffnPuff wrote:
It’s not at all a question of morals, there’s nothing immoral with what these guys and girl are doing. I’m not offended either, I’m just too old and cranky for this kind of teenage humor. So take my comment for what it is - one neurotic person’s rant on a public forum. Add a grain of salt and a zest of lemon to taste, you’re welcome.

Frankly, I don't feel the nice young lady pictured in the Endorphin.es publications is there to actually sell something, I don't perceive her as a marketing instrument (like the classic "sex sells" concept), she's more like a figurehead or a mascot, being there to create kind of a cheerful atmosphere, goes very well with the playful design of the Endorphin.es modules. But yes, that's not everybody's cup of tea either. I happen to like it.

huffnPuff wrote:
In case you’re wondering this was the soundtrack of my adolescence.

Back to topic, meh.

Nooooo, the topic is too boring seriously, i just don't get it No pretty girl will be able to sell me the Blck—noir, period. Still don't like the sounds sad banana

Speaking of adolescence... I did in fact buy this record when I was in that certain age, just because of the cover, guess why...

I had never heard of the band before and no idea what the music would sound like (had been into classical stuff with a preference for Wagner, believe it or not). But I must say... I was VERY pleased with what I heard then. Don't have the vinyl anymore, but still love the first three Blondie albums.

Now as an old fart, I still buy records just for their covers now and then... but somehow my tastes seem to have changed confused

huffnPuff
To lazy Sundays Chugging Beers
Jenseits
Ridiculous thread.
spinalbeatz
Oh, would you look at that, a photo of the module!

dephonator
spinalbeatz wrote:
Oh, would you look at that, a photo of the module!

Just beautiful!
dephonator
Jenseits wrote:
Ridiculous thread.

Just AWSOME ;-)
dephonator
huffnPuff wrote:
Poison Ivy isn’t a model they found somewhere, she’s been playing with the band since day one.

My investigations show that Julia Bondar is not "a model they found somewhere" either, she's part of the Endorphin.es team. And together with Andreas Zhukovsky (also from Endorphin.es) she forms the duo 'Principal Uno'. Interesting.

https://www.facebook.com/praluno/

huffnPuff wrote:
What endorphin.es do is a case study in turning the beautiful into the ugly.

Sorry, no offence, but you lost me on that one... I give up seriously, i just don't get it
huffnPuff
dephonator wrote:
Sorry, no offence, but you lost me on that one... I give up seriously, i just don't get it

So do I, it doesn’t matter.

Perhaps if Andreas were gracious enough to take some clothes off for their next module web-page and literature that would help me find peace of mind. Until then, I solemnly swear, I will bother you with my thoughts on this subject no more.

P.S. I appreciate your post dephonator, no offense taken and none meant either.
Jenseits
I hope (and am sure) he won‘t make a single decision because of your taste.
It is so ridiculous that endorphin.es is morally judged on this forum for literally nothing/individual preference.
There is a 1000 things which offend my taste but i won‘t tell everyone all day long as you threaten to do it to me (and others). That‘s not nice. Please stop.
And: the endorphin.es is probably way cooler than 90% around here including me
sad banana
huffnPuff
You know, being on a public forum entails exposure to other people’s opinions. If mine upset you then please have the courtesy of adding me to your ignore list instead of telling me what I should and shouldn’t do. If you think I have broken forum rules then feel free to involve the moderators.

Good day.
Jenseits
freedom of speech as an excuse for your individual crusade... nice move.
I regret giving you an answer in another thread.
I took alternative 1.
electricanada
dephonator wrote:
Now as an old fart, I still buy records just for their covers now and then... but somehow my tastes seem to have changed confused

Wow, Deborah Harry has really let herself go.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Page 3 of 9