MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

endorphin.es BLCK_NOIR Superbooth 2018
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Author endorphin.es BLCK_NOIR Superbooth 2018
huffnPuff
electricanada wrote:
dephonator wrote:
Now as an old fart, I still buy records just for their covers now and then... but somehow my tastes seem to have changed confused

Wow, Deborah Harry has really let herself go.

Diabolik!
sounds really good in this video:

Black Noir/Martial Canterel
dephonator
Diabolik! wrote:

I found these by Nero Bellum. Quiet convincing, I must say! Not shure if it's ok to post links to FB here, don't want to trick anyone to go there... (don't have an account there myself...)

https://www.facebook.com/theendorphines/videos/1876368112424753/

https://www.facebook.com/theendorphines/videos/1866927300035501/

Or on Instagram...

https://www.instagram.com/nero_bellum_official/

As a sidenote: I placed my order for a BLCK_NOIR at Schneiders yesterday hihi
dephonator
electricanada wrote:
dephonator wrote:
Now as an old fart, I still buy records just for their covers now and then... but somehow my tastes seem to have changed confused

Wow, Deborah Harry has really let herself go.

LOL
dephonator
huffnPuff wrote:

ADORABLE love love love
dephonator
huffnPuff wrote:
dephonator wrote:
Sorry, no offence, but you lost me on that one... I give up seriously, i just don't get it

So do I, it doesn’t matter.

It's all good! We don't have to convince each other, a respectful exchange of views can always be inspiring though thumbs up

I just felt I should speak in favour of the Endorphin.es. I still can't find evidence for "vulgar marketing", so I plead not guilty.

huffnPuff wrote:
Perhaps if Andreas were gracious enough to take some clothes off for their next module web-page and literature that would help me find peace of mind.

Indeed, he should take that t-shirt he's wearing in that Superbooth 2016 video (postet earlier in this thread), off sad That's really a bit inappropriate, I must admit. Who came up with such an idea? Anyhow, that doesn't go with their usual style.

huffnPuff wrote:
P.S. I appreciate your post dephonator, no offense taken and none meant either.

Cheers Drinking
dephonator
Jenseits wrote:

And: the endorphin.es is probably way cooler than 90% around here including me
sad banana

I fully agree! One of the coolest synth manufacturers in business today thumbs up
huffnPuff
dephonator wrote:
huffnPuff wrote:

ADORABLE love love love

I think you haven’t seen John Water’s Hairspray in which she plays the part of the villain? I tried to embed a video but it wouldn’t play - all the better if you haven’t seen it, just do it.
dephonator
huffnPuff wrote:
dephonator wrote:
huffnPuff wrote:

ADORABLE love love love

I think you haven’t seen John Water’s Hairspray in which she plays the part of the villain? I tried to embed a video but it wouldn’t play - all the better if you haven’t seen it, just do it.

I have seen it, but it's a long time ago. Very cool, very cute movie... What you posted must be a promo shot, because she doesn't look that gorgeous in the movie itself after her wig has been taking off. Must watch more J. Waters movies, thanks for reminding me...

And because Divine is also in the movie... I think, I'm going to make a cover version of "Shoot your shot" using the BLCK_NOIR... and perhaps the Metasonix S1K Mr. Green

Don't know how to embed movies, so please watch it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTuAv8f9KPs
huffnPuff
To embed movies you click the video button, paste the link, remove the s from https: and click the video button one more time.

Like so:

The late great Divine, gone but not forgotten.
spinalbeatz
dephonator wrote:
Diabolik! wrote:

I found these by Nero Bellum. Quiet convincing, I must say! Not shure if it's ok to post links to FB here, don't want to trick anyone to go there... (don't have an account there myself...)

https://www.facebook.com/theendorphines/videos/1876368112424753/

https://www.facebook.com/theendorphines/videos/1866927300035501/

Or on Instagram...

https://www.instagram.com/nero_bellum_official/

As a sidenote: I placed my order for a BLCK_NOIR at Schneiders yesterday hihi

Jeez this thing sounds amazing...
electricanada
Why do they call their company endorphin.es? For a long time I assumed they were located in Spain.
Diabolik!
electricanada wrote:
Why do they call their company endorphin.es? For a long time I assumed they were located in Spain.

pretty sure they're in Barcelona
dephonator
Diabolik! wrote:
electricanada wrote:

pretty sure they're in Barcelona

Originally they are from Vienna, Austria, I believe. But they seem to operate their business from Barcelona.
dephonator
huffnPuff wrote:
To embed movies you click the video button, paste the link, remove the s from https: and click the video button one more time.

Thanks thumbs up
Grumpypanda69
Looks and sounds great. Until I have the cash for the Erica drum system this’ll do nicely.

Quick insert. I was offended by that T-shirt in 2016, then realized my Cannibal Corpse “Worm Infested” & my old “F#ck me Jesus” metal shirt were a bit more offensive, so what does it matter?

As for the lady posing partly naked, if she’s enjoying herself & is not being forcibly made to do it it’s really nonce of you business yeah? Personally I think her posts online show she is a highly intelligent individual capable of making sound decisions, and she is rather attractive. As my wife said when looking at the Endorphins said “if you’ve got it flaunt it”.

I’ve no interest in any of their other modules, but have already put an estimated budget aside to buy this ASAP.
dephonator
6 to 8 weeks delivery time, according to Schneiders... 499,- Euros... those Nero Bellum clips changed my mind about the BLCK_NOIR's sound quality in a minute! And I ordered one immediately. So who sold me something in the end? A pretty girl or a handsome guy hihi
huffnPuff
Grumpypanda69 wrote:
Quick insert. I was offended by that T-shirt in 2016, then realized my Cannibal Corpse “Worm Infested” & my old “F#ck me Jesus” metal shirt were a bit more offensive, so what does it matter?

As for the lady posing partly naked, if she’s enjoying herself & is not being forcibly made to do it it’s really nonce of you business yeah? Personally I think her posts online show she is a highly intelligent individual capable of making sound decisions, and she is rather attractive. As my wife said when looking at the Endorphins said “if you’ve got it flaunt it”.

My comment was greatly misunderstood (famous last words). I’m not saying she is being made to do something against her will, I’m not saying she is not in control of the image she is projecting or that she shouldn’t be doing it. I don’t see it as an insult to women.

Quite the contrary, I see it as a manipulation on me as a customer. It irks me that someone in endorphin.es thinks this will make me buy something. It’s none of my business as you say, except I feel it’s being imposed on me. Intelligent you say? Juvenile and silly.

I think my OP was very clear, and the self deprecating humor it was written in should also be evident IMO. It’s OK if others don’t share my view, I’m not trying to convince or educate anyone.
Mashmore
huffnPuff wrote:
Grumpypanda69 wrote:

My comment was greatly misunderstood (famous last words). I’m not saying she is being made to do something against her will, I’m not saying she is not in control of the image she is projecting or that she shouldn’t be doing it. I don’t see it as an insult to women.

Quite the contrary, I see it as a manipulation on me as a customer. It irks me that someone in endorphin.es thinks this will make me buy something. It’s none of my business as you say, except I feel it’s being imposed on me. Intelligent you say? Juvenile and silly.

I think my OP was very clear, and the self deprecating humor it was written in should also be evident IMO. It’s OK if others don’t share my view, I’m not trying to convince or educate anyone.

I feel like you have made your point and don’t need to defend it anymore.

Let’s talk about the marketing and other stuff in another thread.

Maybe we talk about the actual module here? seriously, i just don't get it
huffnPuff
thumbs up
Digarojr
I really like the idea of the module being tuned to a darker sound, but it does not have many options for cv modulation.
"bd-tail" and "sd-tail" are kind of self-explanatory, but "thrust", "spoiler" and "flaps" are a bit more cryptic to what they modulate, and especially that big "throttle"-knob to the right. It initially looks and sounds awesome, but I worry that it could be to much of a one-trick pony. What do you think?
jzwoopwoop
Digarojr wrote:
I really like the idea of the module being tuned to a darker sound, but it does not have many options for cv modulation.
"bd-tail" and "sd-tail" are kind of self-explanatory, but "thrust", "spoiler" and "flaps" are a bit more cryptic to what they modulate, and especially that big "throttle"-knob to the right. It initially looks and sounds awesome, but I worry that it could be to much of a one-trick pony. What do you think?

You, sir/madam, have taken the words out of my mouth.
geh2oman
I think taking a look at the demo videos from the recent trade shows sheds some light on those, as well as the terminology from their other modules (for the effects). I believe they explain that those controls effect the tone/timbre of the metallic sounds in the module, from controlling and shaping the noise core for the sounds as well as having a resonant filter that does a LP<->HP control swap. The effects, too, sound like they're being really well thought out ports of the effects form their Grand Terminal.
andrewhuang
Endorphin.es kindly sent me a pre-release unit a couple weeks ago - I've just posted a full walkthrough video with sound examples here for anyone interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPv0675RKUA
spinalbeatz
Sounds great.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Page 4 of 9