MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Dave Smith Sequential Circuits Prophet X
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Author Dave Smith Sequential Circuits Prophet X
drowld
$3999 with shipping.

https://www.davesmithinstruments.com/product/prophet-x/

Edit:added the official intro and price
zedius
Interesting. I'm not too familiar with their history, but this is really branching out for them is it not?
GuyaGuy
zedius wrote:
Interesting. I'm not too familiar with their history, but this is really branching out for them is it not?

With Instrument 1 and 2 as well as Osc 1 and 2 it looks like it's mixing samples and oscillators. Those piano and choir sounds in the vid are more natural than just lofi waves like in the Evolver, for example. So it might be something new for DSI/SC that competes with the Roland V-Synth as a sampler/synth hybrid.
chvad
oh this looks interesting to meeeee. not sure how it happened but ive already got three DSI synths... i hope four doesn't make me a fan boy or anything.
CF3
drowld wrote:
Successor of the prophet VS ?

Lord I hope so. One of the very few synths I regret selling. I haven't had much interest in anything DSI in some time.... This could definitely change that. Sequential did make some cool samplers way back when too.
drowld
CF3 wrote:
drowld wrote:

Lord I hope so. One of the very few synths I regret selling. I haven't had much interest in anything DSI in some time.... This could definitely change that. Sequential did make some cool samplers way back when too.

If you are into software ableton wavetable is the shit.
Until a year ago or so i was close to puttin 3k$ on a VS. But with ableton wavetable i'm not buying a wavetable synth anymore. It's the best softsynth and prolly synth i've ever tried
Anyway

I'm looking forward to this different bit from DSI.
Also would love a pro 2 desktop. Or pro 12 desktop with more knobs
dkcg
I think I know what I'm saving up for next.

My guess on the keys is $2999, hopefully a desktop follows it.

Would be cool if the oscillators were discrete and the instruments are digital, could be a cool hybrid. But I wonder how the FM/AM is.

Late fall maybe? Maybe in time for Christmas so I can buy a used one from an overwhelmed synth newbie in the spring. grin
dkcg
drowld wrote:
CF3 wrote:
drowld wrote:

Until a year ago or so i was close to puttin 3k$ on a VS. But with ableton wavetable i'm not buying a wavetable synth anymore. It's the best softsynth and prolly synth i've ever tried
Anyway

I wish the P12 desktop had the two ribbons built in. I end up using the Pro2 as a controller for it to get the ribbon controls.
CF3
drowld wrote:
CF3 wrote:
drowld wrote:

Anyway

Yeah the new Ableton Wavetable joint is cool (along with dozens of other plugins like Serum), but not much can beat digital wavetables thru analog filters. Will be interesting to see what Dave comes up with here. I really liked The Prophet 2000/2002 and 3000, not to mention the Studio 440. Of course we have the Waldorf Quantum lurking out there too, but this will probably be way more affordable for mere mortals.
Unborn Gore
Im hoping that this is sampling/granular + wavetable oscillators, and that everything can FM everything. That’s the sound palette that is missing from all the newer machines.
numan7
GuyaGuy wrote:
zedius wrote:

With Instrument 1 and 2 as well as Osc 1 and 2 it looks like it's mixing samples and oscillators. Those piano and choir sounds in the vid are more natural than just lofi waves like in the Evolver, for example. So it might be something new for DSI/SC that competes with the Roland V-Synth as a sampler/synth hybrid.

hmm, that's what the teaser video reminded me of (v-synth... or maybe wavestation). it doesn't sound particularly interesting to me (too 1990s or something).

i wonder how well it will support mpe midi (or if at all).

cheers
tehyar
chvad wrote:
oh this looks interesting to meeeee. not sure how it happened but ive already got three DSI synths... i hope four doesn't make me a fan boy or anything.

LOL I returned the Rev 2 because I was afraid of the same thing. hihi (not really, just had redundant sound qualities of other stuff I own)

This looks really interesting. I've been wanting to see them apply their recent, mature synth architecture skills (layout, expansive capabilities, modulation) to something besides analog or analog-like.
chvad
tehyar wrote:
chvad wrote:

LOL I returned the Rev 2 because I was afraid of the same thing. hihi (not really, just had redundant sound qualities of other stuff I own)

This looks really interesting. I've been wanting to see them apply their recent, mature synth architecture skills (layout, expansive capabilities, modulation) to something besides analog or analog-like.

lol! it'll be cool to see whats under the hood! ive got a P6, OB-6 and a tempest so I'm pretty sure there's not gonna be a lot of crossover which is a PROBLEM FOR ME! (looks over at Elektron Analog Keys and ponders on how often I'm using it...)
stalfosia
whoa! That sounds great!!

(OPN in a box? hihi )
chvad

Came by this...
GuyaGuy
8Dio collaboration, eh?

2 wheels AND 2 ribbons!
h4ndcrafted
Not willing to sell stuff to afford the Waldorf, but this might be very interesting , especially if it has sample support and not an archaic way of loading them.

Just noticed the three screens, interesting. Does that say sample above the one on the far right ? Now I’m excited!
Oh I missed the 8dio bit.
tehyar
chvad wrote:

lol! it'll be cool to see whats under the hood! ive got a P6, OB-6 and a tempest so I'm pretty sure there's not gonna be a lot of crossover which is a PROBLEM FOR ME! (looks over at Elektron Analog Keys and ponders on how often I'm using it...)

Haha weird, I was just thinking last night I want to sell my Analog Keys. I have the P12, Pro2, OB6, P6, Tempest. I swear that I somehow bought that REV 2 because I had a moment of "why not I have the rest, it's like a collection". I'm an idiot sometimes. As far as being a fanboy? Only the Pro2 makes me feel that way. I'm still in love.

This look mightily different, though, and I am a big fan of the DSI workflow on the p12 and pro2.
Muse FTW
chvad wrote:

Came by this...

Oh my god it's so pretty. Dead Banana
CF3
chvad wrote:
Came by this...

If there’s one thing I really like about DSI/Sequential, it’s that they almost always do a desktop version of their synths. As nice as that keyboard looks... I don’t have the space (nor want another giant keyboard).

3 screens though... nanners
Jason Brock
Sampling poly keyboard w/analog filters? Yes please. Though I doubt it actually "samples", but I'm hoping you can load your own. I don't have room for it now, but I can see myself getting one someday.
Panason
Guinness ftw!
anselmi
I want this in a Pro-2 format!
Moskowitz
GuyaGuy wrote:
8Dio collaboration, eh?

This could be a huge deal depending on what they include - the 8DIO libraries are really good.
nolongerhuman
Oh man... with 8dio involved this is going to be just... lush.

Everything from them I’ve purchased has been stellar.

However, it does very likely mean this is a $3000-$4000 synth, I’ll be happy to see it any less than that. I just hope it’s not in the Quantum price bracket.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Page 1 of 9