MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

How do you make an biploar key follow from the main tune CV
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author How do you make an biploar key follow from the main tune CV
rasseru
Yeah as title,

I want to take the tune CV from my sequencer and have bipolar key follow for the filter.

How do I do this? Can it be done with Maths?
authorless
No idea what you are asking? You want your filter cutoff to follow the pitch CV that you are using from your sequencer?

Just mult that CV and send it to both if your filter has a 1v/oct input. Most sequencers only put out unipolar voltages though.

If you are asking how to convert a unipolar voltage into a bipolar voltage, you do that by adding an offset voltage.
Stereotactixxx
authorless wrote:
If you are asking how to convert a unipolar voltage into a bipolar voltage, you do that by adding an offset voltage.

This, which in this case is the same thing as turning down the cut-off frequency knob on the filter.
rasseru
I mean more when the pitch CV is high, the Filter cutoff is low. Is it as simple as a voltage inverter with an offset?
Dave Peck
rasseru wrote:
I mean more when the pitch CV is high, the Filter cutoff is low. Is it as simple as a voltage inverter with an offset?

Yes, you need an inverter to make the CV you are sending to the filter go low when the same CV going to the osc pitch is high.

You may not need an offset at all, you may be able to set the filter cutoff range where you want it just by turning down the filter cutoff as described above. But if you turn the filter cutoff all the way down and the cutoff is still too high, then yes, add a negative voltage offset to the inverted filter CV to drive the filter cutoff lower.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1