MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Pittsburgh Lifeforms Primary Oscillator
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Pittsburgh Lifeforms Primary Oscillator
strangegravity
This thing looks interesting.

strangegravity
Anyone in the know? Soysos?

I'm guessing a Superbooth unveiling.
Samwell Clark
strangegravity wrote:
Anyone in the know? Soysos?

I'm guessing a Superbooth unveiling.

Herman said something on their instagram about it not disappointing, I think it's on the diagram post.

Earlier post of the folding section suggested superbooth unveiling.

Needless to say I am excited to hear how this sounds, and even more excited to make stuff with it.
strangegravity
No superbooth action on this yet.
hawkfuzz
Didn't see it in the case of the sequencer demo.

It is day 1 so maybe trying to keep the days exciting.
reppiks
Here you go:

Sonic State - Pitts Mod Primary Osc
strangegravity
Nice! That thing is great. Another original design from PGH. I've never seen or heard anything like it.

Did he say a price in that video? I don't recall.
hawkfuzz
Nah, he forgot. I'm guessing probably close to the Plaits in price. If it's cheaper than that, it'll be in every rack.
Zymos
Wow, I just found out I need another oscillator!
strangegravity
Zymos wrote:
Wow, I just found out I need another oscillator!

Don't you hate it when that happens suddenly.
bradpickapiper
Wish it had a clicky (octave) coarse tune!
hawkfuzz
Do you mean octave switch? That could be good. I would’ve loved a sub out, but that thing has enough to keep anyone busy.
pianoman
I asked them about the price at superbooth. It's going to be priced around 220 if I recall correctly.
galanter2
I will almost certainly get one of these. The point of price comparison, however, is Plaits. Different feature sets to be sure. But a buyer can see the variety of options they can get for $260. If Pittsburgh could get a price under $200 that change of first digit might help in terms of volume.

One other observation...doesn’t the middle slider seem upside down? It seems like having all the pure/simple wave shapes at the bottom would be a more consistent user interface.
hawkfuzz
I'm sure the price is as low as it can go. It's worth every penny. Soo much you can do with it. Dixie II + doesn't do as much and is around that price.
strangegravity
They will sell a ton of them at 220.
SCOOBA_TANK
strangegravity wrote:
They will sell a ton of them at 220.

Heck yes! I’m all in at $220.
mcphable
When talking price, you should keep in mind that the sound this thing puts out is 100% analog. $220 or so for a 100% analog VCO with this much potential seems a bit ridiculous!
galanter2
FWIW and not to quibble but in one interview Richard Nicol said the price will be $229.

He also said the Primary Oscillator is ready to ship, but they wanted to ship the Microvolt first, and there were delays in that. Right now the Primary Oscillator only shows up on their site as a small SuperBooth teaser.

The middle slider still seems upside down to me.
imxtristan
galanter2 wrote:

It would appear that the middle slider controls the rate of the sample - ie controlling an LFO. Pushing the slider up increases the rate, pushing the slider down decreases the rate. Seems logical to me.
jimboburgess
This really makes my tongue water for some more analog sounds.
galanter2
imxtristan wrote:
galanter2 wrote:

It would appear that the middle slider controls the rate of the sample - ie controlling an LFO. Pushing the slider up increases the rate, pushing the slider down decreases the rate. Seems logical to me.

Well, that's one way of looking at it I suppose.

If the middle one were reversed though, then all the sliders would give a pure simple waveform when down, and would add complexity and harmonics when up.

As it is now if you want to add harmonics you push the ones on the ends up, and the middle one down.
Paranormal Patroler
Sexy!!
galanter2
Hmmmm…Pittsburgh has removed the teaser from their webpage…now there is no sign of it. Wonder what that's about.
ben_hex
Looks great! Really liking a lot of the new analogue oscillator designs pushing things beyond the norm.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3