MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Anyone make a GK3 work on a bass with GR-55?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author Anyone make a GK3 work on a bass with GR-55?
j450nn014n
I have a spare GK3, and I have a bass, and I was wondering if anyone ever got the GK3 working with a 4 string bass. If anyone's tried it and failed it will save me the trouble, but if anyone has heard about it working it might breath some new life into my spare GK3. Thanks!
Willowhaus
Do the strings line up right? That seems like it would be the biggest issue to me. I have a GK2A on my NS Stick, so I would think the register & string size should be OK, but aren't hex pickups kind of touchy about positioning?
j450nn014n
That's the question. They SEEM to line up close enough. Who knows if that is close enough close enough. I just wanted folk's thoughts before I tried it. Nothing else to do but bite the bullet and see what happens. Thanks for your thoughts on it. Appreciated.
Willowhaus
Maybe so. smile You could just hold it in place & see how it responds for starters - I actually installed a GK2 on a guitar last night, after doing just that to see that it worked (got it second-hand at a thrift store with a gk50 rack unit - lucky score, really!). It tracked well enough so I could see that it functioned, anyway, before I started drilling holes.
j450nn014n
I'll just have to try it and report back :)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1