MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Expert Sleepers FH-2 'factotum'
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next [all]
Author Expert Sleepers FH-2 'factotum'
boboter
I just love listening to Os in interviews.

Also, the FH-2 looks fantastic! Great work.
ugokcen
This is truly impressive, Os has thought of every setup scenario as far as I can tell. woah

When the unit is operating as a USB midi device, can it still be the master clock and send out midi clock on USB?

I didn't see polyphony mentioned anywhere, but presumably it can handle chords coming from a midi keyboard, right?
2disbetter
ugokcen wrote:
This is truly impressive, Os has thought of every setup scenario as far as I can tell. woah

When the unit is operating as a USB midi device, can it still be the master clock and send out midi clock on USB?

I didn't see polyphony mentioned anywhere, but presumably it can handle chords coming from a midi keyboard, right?

The FH-1 can handle as many voices / channels as you have jacks to output to (FHX expanders). So you can absolutely play using more than 1 finger with the fh-2. SlayerBadger!

Bumped briefly into Os at SB, and the module really looks great, and the new streamlined configuration (replacing the awesome scripting capability of the FH-1 while retaining all the functionality) is ace and even possible directly on the module in a pinch.
os
ugokcen wrote:

Yes.

ugokcen wrote:

Yes, more-or-less the same as the FH-1.
os
Here's another video by Animato Audio:

charley2020
I was looking for a ES-3 for Syncing my DAW to the Rack. I don´t trust Midi very much especially when syncing external Sequencers. My Idea was to sync with ES-3 via Audio. (Maybe i am totally wrong, but i am just beginning)

Now i see this nice FH-2. It looks like i can Sync my DAW with this instead of the ES-3. When im not connected to my DAW i could play my Rack with a MIDI Keyboard and while in the Studio i still can hook up my Midi Keyboard to the Daw and Sync the Rack with the FH-2.

So probably getting a FH-2 is the better Choice?

I´ll loose the ability to send CV from the DAW to the Rack without an ES-3 but as far i can send Midi and Sync.

I think i didn´t get it quite right. Did I?
os
An ES-3 won't sync the DAW to the rack. It will sync the rack to the DAW, and it will do so better than anything using MIDI (including the FH-2).

The FH-2 will sync in either direction.
os
Here's the DivKid video:

Migrigsynth
I apologize before hand if this is a stupid question but can I connect my newer iPad (which has a Lightning connector) directly to the FH-2? Or, do I need an adapter plug of some sort? I looked on the Expert Sleepers website and didn’t see anything that talked about iPad connectivity.

Thanks

P.S. I have a DISTING Mk 4 and the thing is really fantastic! applause
os
You just need the Apple Camera Connection Kit (i.e. a Lightning to USB adaptor).
Migrigsynth
Thanks for the info. This will be the perfect solution for me. thumbs up
os

kamindustries
os wrote:
tuning videos

Sweeeeeeet applause
2disbetter
Very well done! Totally looking forward to getting this.
kamindustries
Will it be possible to set the arpeggiator to run faster or slower than the clock rate, say if I'm sending clock from my Digitakt?
2disbetter
Can the fh-2 output its own clock? Ie: can it be a clock source?

Edit: just answered my own question by rtfm. The answer is yes. thumbs up
os
kamindustries wrote:
Will it be possible to set the arpeggiator to run faster or slower than the clock rate, say if I'm sending clock from my Digitakt?

MIDI clock runs at 24PPQN (1/64th note triplets). The arpeggiator runs at any division of that.
os
circumambient
Hi there, looks brilliant! Realise this might be a slightly-too-niche feature for the first release, but is there a future possibility of some kind of microtonal support, perhaps via MIDI Tuning Standard or equivalent?
os
Yes, definitely.
os
If anyone's interested I updated the draft user manual:
http://expert-sleepers.co.uk/fh2firmware.html
Crankler
Thanks for posting the manual- I’m definitely super interested! Any further word on when the FH-2 will be shipping?
os
Should be June sometime. Can't be more specific yet.
jdvmi00
Man, I have to pre-order this. Looking now, nice work, hope it's out soon!
reodjectz
So I got the FH-1 what seems like only weeks ago and now there's this.

The big appeal is the clock out (I would use a digitakt as the master clock) rather than the weird synced LFO's of the FH-1. BUT the clock still takes up an output correct? So if I wanted 8 triggers I would need an expander to get the clock a the same time?

If yes - I'll stick with my current solution of having the digtakt go through USB to the FH-1 to get my triggers and then go 5-DIN Midi to the intellijel umidi to get my clock.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next [all]
Page 2 of 16