MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Expert Sleepers FH-2 'factotum'
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next [all]
Author Expert Sleepers FH-2 'factotum'
peterpanderretter
Found it in the manual - sry & thx.

1. Any chance the can be outputs in the future?

2. In the script for clock divider/multiplier function could you add values such as 1/3; 1/5 1/6; 1/7?

3. I got two scenarios & I want to save them as two different presets (btw when I change the presets name in the script: it is showing up nowhere; if I change the presets` name in the module iit is still showing "init" when i browse thru the presets)

>scenario1: trigger mode with external clock & giving triggers according to midi notes
>scenario2: independent mode with internal clock just spitting out clock dividers & multipliers

I configure it, upload it to the the device: all good. Save it as a preset.
Changing preset now. Start a fresh script. Upload it. Save it as another preset.
Swapping the presets doesnt work: in external clock mode it behaves as scenario 1 - when i start running the internal clock it behaves as scenario two > happening in both presets (??)
os
I cannot make inputs become outputs. They're physically different.

What are you calling a 'script'? Do you mean a configuration?

Regarding saving, are you confusing presets and configurations?
peterpanderretter
So I basically want to save 2 different configurations: I guess my describeted routine should be the same then.
RTFM very frustrating
Tenderosa
Has anyone got a polyphonic config going on the FH2 before with a paraphonic gate? I'm not getting very far. Does this config screen look obviously wrong to those who have had it going? Thanks!
os
You seem to have enabled three MIDI/CV converters. Was that intentional?
Tenderosa
os wrote:

No, but when I drop to just the first one as poly I'm getting physical port 2 firing with a CV and it seems 4,5 & 6 firing gates. I'm sending a steady pulse of notes from Ableton hoping it will round robin to the other oscillators. Or does the FH2 want to use six physical outs for the poly setup. I thought the paraphonic gate may be sending through one for the 3 voice setup I'm trying to make
Tenderosa
os wrote:
possibly I'm just not pointing the paraphonic gate in the right place, expanded screenshot with voltage ranges visible.
Tenderosa
[quote="Tenderosa"]
os wrote:
possibly I'm just not pointing the paraphonic gate in the right place, expanded screenshot with voltage ranges visible.

Ah, turn that converter gate off & the paraphonic gate turns on to replace at the end of the three polyphonic CV outputs I see.
Funky40
i could imagine beeing a good idea if os would provide some screen shots of the config tool for some certain specific scenarios.
should be less workload then reading and answering same problems and requests again and again, no ?*

can´t help with polyphonic setups. happy that i managed my monophonic setups wink
while things feel easy once managed to do......the config tool still feels confusing "for me" for anything above that lol
nevertheless: try& error helps here lol

* @ os: in case you´d do so, some comenting on the settings (screenshots) you did would be welocme !
probably even doing some faulty programming and pointing to the faults....?

i mean its not like using the config tool every week.
the feel for it can also get lost ( similar to other complex gear wink )
Neither
kpreid wrote:
peterpanderretter wrote:
- manual page 10 "The top right of the screen shows the current clock source. The possibilities are "None", "Int" (internal clock), "Ext" (external analogue clock), "USB A", "USB C", or "DIN"."
> can not choose usb a as clock input (displays shows "AI") - can just choose "none" & "int" (?)

I got confused by this too; the answer is that there's no setting for external clock. Just send MIDI clock in while the internal clock is off.

I don't get this anymore. I used to get external sync from my DAW just fine. But I can't remember anymore how. I've got USB-C connected to my host (Reaper DAW) and the only choices I get is "none" & "int". "Int" works as normal internal clock. "None" doesn't feed anything out from the clock output.
How am I supposed to get the external clock?
os
You just send it from the DAW. If it's sending MIDI clock, you'll see them arrive at the bottom of the FH-2's display, and it will sync to it and show the clock source at the top right.

If you don't see MIDI clock coming in, chances are it's not being sent.
Gonzbull
Heya Os is there any possibility of having the FH-2 run both a Mac via USB C and an IPad via CCK and USB 2? Would be so awesome if there was a way to implement this. Cheers
Neither
os wrote:
You just send it from the DAW. If it's sending MIDI clock, you'll see them arrive at the bottom of the FH-2's display, and it will sync to it and show the clock source at the top right.

If you don't see MIDI clock coming in, chances are it's not being sent.

Ah, of course. I did some modifications on my system, witch I forgot about and I thought I was missing some setting on FH-2.

In the clock's base settings, what is the difference between e.g. 1/32 vs 1/32T? What does the 'T' stand for?
os
@Neither Triplet.

Quote:
is there any possibility of having the FH-2 run both a Mac via USB C and an IPad via CCK and USB 2? Would be so awesome if there was a way to implement this.

You would have to use a host-to-host connector for the iPad e.g.
https://www.iconnectivity.com/products/midi/iconnectmidi2plus
peterpanderretter
os wrote:
I cannot make inputs become outputs. They're physically different.

What are you calling a 'script'? Do you mean a configuration?

Regarding saving, are you confusing presets and configurations?

Yes I mean the config menu:
Due to divider/multiplier function could you add values such as 1/3; 1/5 1/6; 1/7?
arctor023
hi!
first of all: thank you very much @os for this impressive support you provide here! i love my fh-2 and it is constantly giving me great ideas on how to config and tweak it to get something new out of my modular It's peanut butter jelly time!

i use it with an FHX-8GT-expander and mainly use the OT as MIDI-machine.

but there are some things that i still could not understand about that combination:

1. when i ratchet a MIDI-note on the OT's sequencer, the FH2 outputs it like a longer note-value / decay. this also happens when i set the OT's note-length as short as possible. is there any way to tweak it, to achieve something like, for instance, very short pulses like a MATHS?

2. my current way of controlling the (extremely powerful!) LFO's is by MIDI-CC's, which is great, but is there any way to render the OT's own LFO's over the FH2? something like "shaping" the direct-level of an individually assigned output by the OT's LFO? i have tried that and could somehow manage to do so with the sawtooth-shapes, but did anyone here also succeed in interpreting the oher waveforms of the OT?
os
1. Are you outputting gates or envelopes from the FH-2?

2. Yes, you can just send the OT's LFO CC to the 'direct level' CC on the FH-2. Should just work. You may like to apply a little smoothing on the FH-2 as well.
arctor023
thanks for the quick reply @os!

1. i am outputting gates through the FHX8GT

2. do you mean the OT's LFO-values per triggered sequencer-step, or is there also a way to output the OT's LFO as CC-value (never did this before, sorry for asking...)? /edit: and would it be steppy this way? because afaik the OT's MIDI-values are only rendered in 7bit.
kamindustries
Yeah if you apply an OT LFO to a cc it will continuously update if you have it set to free running, or sample and hold on a trig, or whatever.

The FH-2 has a smoothing parameter for cc's. I found you only need a very small amount of smoothing applied and it nearly totally fixes the steppyness while preserving the shape.
Tun
After reading the manual and previous comments I'm at a loss why the display is showing Clk: None when it is clearly receiving clock from the D input? I haven't run the configuration tool yet, but I don't think that should matter, please correct me if I'm wrong though. I've disabled midi clock out in the settings too btw.
Can anyone help? Thanks in advance.

Edit: mods, please delete, I had to stop and start the Digitakt again (the clock source) and now it's showing clk: DIN as I would expect!
F1
I'm confused about portamento

I have everything successfully configured in Ableton and running just fine. I went into the configuration web tool and set a range of 1-127 portamento on the chanel I want. I went into the scroll menu and changed the portamento value on that number. nothing. What am I missing?
os
The FH-2 offers fingered portamento - you have to play legato to activate it. Is that what you're doing?
Tenderosa
You could use the FH-2 to do paraphonic patching with the Doepfer Quad VCO couldn't you? Four note cv/pitch channels & one paraphonic gate. I was just about to place an order for one (the doepfer, have the FH-2) and really didn't want to make an expensive mistake. The Doepfer is http://www.doepfer.de/A1114.htm

I'd appreciate a second opinion on whether that would work.

Thanks!
os
Yes, that should work fine.
Tenderosa
os wrote:
Yes, that should work fine.

Thankyou as always Os
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next [all]
Page 16 of 17