MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Expert Sleepers FH-2 'factotum'
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next [all]
Author Expert Sleepers FH-2 'factotum'
os
Yes, if you want 9 signals out you'll still need an expander.

Of course, then you get 16 outs, and I'm sure you could find a use for those other 7 smile Different clock divisions, for a start.
voyagergolden
os wrote:
An ES-3 won't sync the DAW to the rack. It will sync the rack to the DAW, and it will do so better than anything using MIDI (including the FH-2).

The FH-2 will sync in either direction.



I'm using modular in a studio setting and wanting to sync to DAW. I've been looking at the ES-8 (hard to find these days!). How does FH-2 compare for midi usb sync? I anticipate using it to playback midi files, as well as clock, gates, etc.

Thanks for humoring a noob!
os
In a studio situation I'd always suggest looking at the ES-3 first, if that works with your existing audio interface.
voyagergolden
os wrote:
In a studio situation I'd always suggest looking at the ES-3 first, if that works with your existing audio interface.


thumbs up Thank you sir.
Switchzik
I've watch this video and this is excatelly what I want to do with it (+ using a trackball mouse Mr. Green ).



But I've no experience with Midi and Midi MPE ...
Can someone tell how easy it is to do what the video shows ? Do I need to map things ? Is it somehow plug and play ? Do I always need to use the web-based configuration tool for each device ?

Thanks !
os
It's very simple.

For the Joué, you need to use its config tool to enable MPE (just a tick box).

For the FH-2, again you need to enable MPE, and choose what outputs you want per voice, and how many voices of polyphony you have. You can do that in the web tool, or on the module itself.
Switchzik
Hi OS, Thanks for your answer. Sounds pretty straight forward when you explain but when I got to the web interface, I get lost pretty easily.

Maybe a small video (like the great one for the disting) or some step by step screenshot would be really good for some novice like me. It can help to see the set up less complex as it seems at first, for some of us.
Devilwidget
This looks great, but one thing I can't figure out, is what do the X/Y inputs actually do? They are barely mentioned in the manual. Can they be set up to accept cv (for cv to midi conversion)? Or are they just analogue clock to MIDI? Or something else?
os
Currently X is clock, and Y is either reset or run/stop.

I'll add more functionality in future e.g. CV/MIDI, or CV control over tempo etc.
emojiseq
Any videos or explanation of how parameter assignment might work on a groovebox for example? Does it take long to assign an out to a specific param or is this pretty streamlined? Is that something you'd want to be doing on the web editor most of the time, or can you do that from the screen? Thanks, this looks great
os
It's 3 mouse clicks from the web UI. You can certainly do it from the screen too though.
2disbetter
Hey os, still looking like these will ship this month?

2d
os
I'm optimistic.

For those going to the Brighton meet, the Rubadub guys will have one to demo.
kamindustries
Pre-ordered this bad boy from Control, gonna go ahead and get an FHX-1 as well. Super pumped to upgrade from Yarns!
os
Switchzik wrote:
Hi OS, Thanks for your answer. Sounds pretty straight forward when you explain but when I got to the web interface, I get lost pretty easily.

Maybe a small video (like the great one for the disting) or some step by step screenshot would be really good for some novice like me. It can help to see the set up less complex as it seems at first, for some of us.


Here's one - more coming soon.

os
os
Switchzik
Hi Os, Many tanks for the videos, they're really helpful to get started SlayerBadger!
mattsb
I'm quite excited about this. USB device support means less wiring hassle, the onboard screen / menus mean I don't need to mess with my Digitakt to set it up as a controller, and it also means that it becomes a really useful standalone module in the rack when I don't want to use it for MIDI->CV. What would make that last use case a slam dunk is some kind of CV control over which preset is currently loaded, or, even better, some kind of "performance mode" where turning the encoder changes the preset.

Kinda like Tempi's knob which lets you rapidly switch between states.
_ttc_
Tap tempo question:

If I was using the FH-2 as the master clock (sending to both midi clock and analog clock devices), would there be a way to assign tap tempo to receive from a particular midi channel and midi note?

My thought here is with a midi drum pad, I could assign one pad to midi channel 16/C5 for example, and the FH-2 would look for that signal as a tap tempo signal and generate clock from it?

This might be a pretty idiosyncratic setup, but it would be huge for my band's performance plans smile
Sleipnir
os wrote:
Yes, if you want 9 signals out you'll still need an expander.

Of course, then you get 16 outs, and I'm sure you could find a use for those other 7 smile Different clock divisions, for a start.

When, oh when, will more FHX-1s be available in the US?
cry
Seaweed Sound
Could an FH-1 be plugged into an FH-2 and used as some kind of expander/daisy chain mode?

Just an idea since I'm sure a lot of people will want to upgrade and there's probably a lot of FH-1 floating around
os
Quote:
When, oh when, will more FHX-1s be available in the US?

They're in the factory right now.

Quote:
Could an FH-1 be plugged into an FH-2 and used as some kind of expander/daisy chain mode?

Actually that might work. Let me try it!
os
_ttc_ wrote:
Tap tempo question:

If I was using the FH-2 as the master clock (sending to both midi clock and analog clock devices), would there be a way to assign tap tempo to receive from a particular midi channel and midi note?

My thought here is with a midi drum pad, I could assign one pad to midi channel 16/C5 for example, and the FH-2 would look for that signal as a tap tempo signal and generate clock from it?

It doesn't do that right now, but it's a good idea. I'll bear it in mind.
os
Seaweed Sound wrote:
Could an FH-1 be plugged into an FH-2 and used as some kind of expander/daisy chain mode?

Just an idea since I'm sure a lot of people will want to upgrade and there's probably a lot of FH-1 floating around

It works. Will be releasing this as a firmware upgrade shortly.

Thanks for the suggestion!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 15, 16, 17  Next [all]
Page 3 of 17
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group