MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Q: Can the GRP R24 do this like a 960+962 can?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author Q: Can the GRP R24 do this like a 960+962 can?
JohnLRice
I was asked in a PM if the GRP R24 sequencer could do what Seb did in his excellent video between about 0:50 and 1:35 where the 960+962 combination goes from producing 24 steps to 12 steps etc with a single switch.

Something like this can similarly be done with the GRP R24 if it is put into Alt mode so it is sequencing vertically and then switching the last step to End Step. It might not behave exactly the same as the 960+962 combination and there may be other methods I haven't thought of yet but for most purposes this should be close enough? ;-) Sorry, I didn't take the time to try to reproduce the audio patch.
Neovintage
Thank you for putting that out.
As there is a mode for 24 steps, is it possible that it can be closer to the Moog by switching at some point?
JohnLRice
Neovintage wrote:
As there is a mode for 24 steps, is it possible that it can be closer to the Moog by switching at some point?
That's actually what I did in my video, it is in 24 step mode (A+B+C) and in Alt mode so it runs vertically.

If it is run in like the Moog 960 as three separate rows and in normal horizontal mode you could use an external sequential switch like the 962 to rotate between rows but you would have to switch three toggle switches at once (one per row), which is doable but not simple and easy like on the 960+962.

I did try to patch the either the Start or End gates of row 1 into the global reset jack but I couldn't get it to work smoothly or reliably to recreate what you want to do.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1