MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Mounting Guitar Pedals
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Author Mounting Guitar Pedals
GUITARPLAYIGSURFER
I've been looking at many forums and nobody has been able to find an answer to the question of mounting guitar pedals into a rack without having to disassemble them or have them in a draw. I think I've come up with a solution but I haven't tried it and want your guy's opinions before I potentially destroy my equipment.

so my plan is to get black panels for my rack and drill a couple of these into it.

I would then put velcro on the bottom of the pedal the horizontal part of the bracket as well as the back of the pedal and the upright part of the pedal to secure it in 2 places. That do you guys think about this, is it worth the effort and will the bracket and the velcro hold it in place?

Rockin' Banana! Rockin' Banana! Rockin' Banana!
GuyaGuy
If you plan on having 2 brackets per pedal then industrial strength velcro should hold them in place. With just one the pedal would probably be kind of wobbly. If your rack radiates a lot of heat, the glue coming loose is probably more of an issue. You'd need a sturdy rack tray to take the weight too.

If you don't plan on swapping out pedals a lot you could mount them more permanently...

Option A: Use the brackets in the pic you posted to add a wooden back wall, and drill through the back wall where the screws hold on the bottom plate on. This would require either longer screws or removing the bottom plate of the pedal.

Option B: Add a back wall as above and use bike chain links to mount the pedals.

Option C: Add a perforated metal back wall and use zip ties to mount the pedals.
GUITARPLAYIGSURFER
GuyaGuy wrote:
If you plan on having 2 brackets per pedal then industrial strength velcro should hold them in place. With just one the pedal would probably be kind of wobbly. If your rack radiates a lot of heat, the glue coming loose is probably more of an issue. You'd need a sturdy rack tray to take the weight too.

If you don't plan on swapping out pedals a lot you could mount them more permanently...

Option A: Use the brackets in the pic you posted to add a wooden back wall, and drill through the back wall where the screws hold on the bottom plate on. This would require either longer screws or removing the bottom plate of the pedal.

Option B: Add a back wall as above and use bike chain links to mount the pedals.

Option C: Add a perforated metal back wall and use zip ties to mount the pedals.

I like the sound of option C as I would like to transport it. How would I create the holes to put the zip ties through the pedals themselves, because I don't want big ugly zip ties going over the front of my pedals?

GuyaGuy
GUITARPLAYIGSURFER wrote:
GuyaGuy wrote:

I like the sound of option C as I would like to transport it. How would I create the holes to put the zip ties through the pedals themselves, because I don't want big ugly zip ties going over the front of my pedals?

You wouldn't. It would require tying down the pedals.
Rost + Licht
Got this on my mind recently too. Randomly found this vid checking vor the Eventides, this thing looks sweet

Seems to be a normal Pedalboard fitted in a shelf. Question is just how to get it stable, reckon you need to put sth very heavy on top or mount it to the table.
GUITARPLAYIGSURFER
GuyaGuy wrote:
GUITARPLAYIGSURFER wrote:
GuyaGuy wrote:

You wouldn't. It would require tying down the pedals.

ok cheers

Willowhaus
Some guys use bicycle chain links to connect their pedals to boards, using the screws that hold the bottom on. If you wanted to be really heavy-duty you could drill out a rack plate to accommodate these - punch a few holes & bolt them through. If you use wing nuts on the back side it would be fairly easy to swap them around too.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Guitars, Basses, Amps & FX  
Page 1 of 1