MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

I just got an ES-8 and am having difficulty connecting adat
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author I just got an ES-8 and am having difficulty connecting adat
Vapor
I just got an ES-8 and am having difficulty connecting adat to my focusrite scarlett (or more likely getting the in/outs connected right on focusrite software. My immediate goal is to use the 1/4" inch outs of my focusrite going to my monitors while claiming the ES-8 as my interface on Ableton Live. Need help.
os
If you want to use the Scarlett for your monitors, you have to select that as the audio interface in Live, or set up an Aggregate in macOS's Audio MIDI Setup.

Which Scarlett is it?
Mephitif
os wrote:
set up an Aggregate in macOS's Audio MIDI Setup.

Holy crap, didn't even know about this...
Vapor
scarlett focusrite 18/20
os
OK, so either

- set up an aggregate, or

- use the ES-8 via ADAT only, not via USB.
darkgr33n
I've got the es-3 and es-6 combo with the 18i20 and it works well using ADAT into the Focusrite and the Focusrite selected as the audio interface within Ableton just enable the in/out tracks and you should be good to go. I'm on windows though, not mac, but mac should be easier.

i did have to select "custom mix" on the monitor outs in the outputs panel inside the Focusrite Control software as my ADAT channels were muted for some reason.
Vapor
thx I'll try it
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1