MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Ian Fritz Double Deka patch idea
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author Ian Fritz Double Deka patch idea
jkjelec
While I wait for a double-deka on the way hyper , I thought of a patch idea, has anyone tried it? I was thinking how about if there could be a way to have it's output be 20 sliders rather than 10 per osc cycle.
To achieve this, have a pair of analog switches or VCAs select between the DD's Bank A and B outputs. Set the Banks A and B to the same octave. (mix the 2 switches' or VCAs' outputs to achieve the patch's output, filter as desired). Use the DD's HF Out, squared up if necessary and sent through a divide by ten network (or 20, or 40 depending on the Bank octave setting) to clock one switch/VCA, and an inverted version of this signal to clock the other switch/VCA. (This clock would need to be synchronized to "Bank Step 1" by trial and error or other means)
The output will be one octave lower than the usual DD output.
Set the Bank A sliders to be a rising ramp and the Bank B sliders to a falling ramp.
The output should sound like a triangle wave (made of 20 steps!). Tweak from there.
Dcramer
Cool idea, I’d love to get mah paws on one of these! love
ranix
I gave it a shot, but for now this patch has defeated me

I attempted the following patch:

Double Deka HF output -> CGS36#1 CLOCK input
CGS36#1 /5 output -> CGS36#2 CLOCK input
CGS36#2 /2 output -> Q962 SHIFT input
Double Deka A -> Q962 input A
Double Deka B -> Q962 input B
Q962 output -> Oscope (RED)

I ran into some problems.

The Double Deka HF Out is a sharkfin waveform that peaks at 3.3 to 3.8 volts, not strong enough to trigger a clock divider.

I tried to use a signal processor to amplify the Double Deka HF output, but was unable due to the high frequency.

I tried to use a multiple to split the Double Deka HF output while also viewing it on the oscilloscope. Connecting the Double Deka HF output in this manner without a buffer appears to cause it to brown out - it can't handle being multed.

I tried to send the Double Deka HF output to my Q118 Instrument Interface on x100 and this worked somewhat to amplify the signal.

Patch is now:

Double Deka HF output -> Q118 SIGNAL Input
Q118 AMPLIFIER output -> CGS36#1 CLOCK input
CGS36#1 /5 output -> CGS36#2 CLOCK input
CGS36#2 /2 output -> Q962 SHIFT input
Double Deka A -> Q962 input A
Double Deka B -> Q962 input B
Q962 output -> Oscope RED
Q962 SHIFT ch. 1 output -> Oscope YELLOW

This is the behavior I see:

https://my.mixtape.moe/ageoqt.mp4

Can't quite figure out what it's doing
ranix
I got it - the Double Deka A and B need to be set to octave "5" for the HF out division by 10 to be correct. It works, but syncing the clock divider so that the first slider is the first "step" is non-trivial.

But, it works! w00t

it's actually cooler than I thought it would be because modulating the octaves of channels A and B produces really weird results
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1