MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

doepfer dark energy II and power, anyone using 15V supply
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author doepfer dark energy II and power, anyone using 15V supply
jukka_k
I got a 2nd hand DE today, not working properly, no sound, but other things (MIDI, both USB and DIN) seem to work. LFO's not blinking, just yellow all the time, tested lots of "patches" which I saw to work, but still no sound. Manual read, and found this from Doepfer FAQ:

Quote:

Power Supply

The Dark Energy requires an AC supply (not DC). The supply has to deliver an AC voltage in the range from 12 to 15V and at least 400mA (valid for Dark Energy I and III) / 800mA (valid for Dark Energy II). If by mistake a DC supply is used nothing can be damaged but in this case only the Midi/USB interface will work. The sound generation unit will not work in this case! DC jack plugs with 5.5 mm outer diameter and 2.1 to 2.5 mm inner diameter are suitable. A typical symptom for a wrong supply (DC instead of AC) is that the LFO LEDs are permanently on but are not blinking.

There's no polarity in AC current, the supply I got is not AC, can't get the seller contact, and Doepfer is in SuperBooth, so thought to ask here, if anyone has tested A-100 mini case power supply, it is AC 15V/500mA, with Dark Energy, would like to get that thing to work before next week or so.

Thanks in advance smile !
grep
Here are the specs for the power supply I use with my DE II:

jukka_k
Thanks grep, yes, 12V works, 1000mA is more than enough, anyone using 15V, which it should, according the manual, accept without burning whole thing.

ps. seller contacted, sent wrong supply, posting correct soon, but I am extremely impatient very frustrating
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1