MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Buchla, USA, my gig, both at Superbooth
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Author Buchla, USA, my gig, both at Superbooth
misa
I just realized that Buchla, USA is an exhibitor at superbooth in Berlin.

Is anyone coming to SB?

I will perform at the Seebühne with my 200e on Friday (tomorrow) at 5.30pm.

Please introduce yourself if you happen to be there, I'm always interested in meeting fellow players of all lifestyles, sizes, shapes and forms!

(I'm performing under my name: Kai Niggemann)
batchas
misa wrote:
I just realized that Buchla, USA is an exhibitor at superbooth in Berlin.

Is anyone coming to SB?

I will perform at the Seebühne with my 200e on Friday (tomorrow) at 5.30pm.

Please introduce yourself if you happen to be there, I'm always interested in meeting fellow players of all lifestyles, sizes, shapes and forms!

(I'm performing under my name: Kai Niggemann)

See you there thumbs up
weinglas
I wish I could be there to meet the both of you. Have fun!

Seebühne and good weather and a great live act would have been a good reason. Unfortunately I have to work a few hundred kilometers away ...
Kent
Oh, damn... I was there yesterday, Kai. Would have loved to have met up with you again.
misa
yes Kent, Robert told me you were there!

I enjoyed my show and had some good feedback from a number of people. The Klangpanzer (soundtank) that performed after I did was an amazing for my packing up of gear..wink

If anyone is still there, you can pick up the little papercraft Buchla cards from my album at the Buchla booth...wink

Buchla, USA seems like a great company, btw. They are extremely keen on hearing from people about their Buchla experience and are all over the place, trying to make things a lot better than the previous company. I sincerely wish Don would have sold to Buchla USA...
batchas
misa wrote:
yes Kent, Robert told me you were there!

And Marc Doty told me wink

Marc Doty who I appreciated talking to.

misa wrote:
Buchla, USA seems like a great company, btw. They are extremely keen on hearing from people about their Buchla experience and are all over the place, trying to make things a lot better than the previous company

Indeed. Good impression here too.

I confess I was not sure going to the Superbooth I'd go to their booth (...).
But I'm glad I did. I went 2 times. First time to jam a bit with the 200e and speaking about it with interested visitors and 2nd time to chat with a couple of persons involved now in Buchla USA, who took time to chat.
You imagine being 3 days long at a booth seing hundreds of people from all horizons... Not easy IMO.
You should have seen Mark Verbos booth. Always talking and answering and being very kind, in despite of the fatigue rising within the day (actually most of the booths very 100% busy! This thing is growing and growing!!!).

During this second day all people I met were very kind and each single one very passionate by what he's doing.
It's a great energy. And so many accents in the air. Also very cool.

Anyway, at the Buchla booth it was better for me to meet and talk in person than reading an anouncement or a comment on a forum for instance.

Also chatting with the person who worked with Don all these years and knowing he is still from the party was a pleasure.

It was also fun to patch a bit again with the 200e. I then saw how good I actually know this machine (it's normal after a few years, but I really realized it then), while a few visitors present at that moment looked a bit lost in front of the system even surprised for instance by the mix of banana/tinyjax. Coming for the most part directly from eurorack, they looked at it as a very esoteric thing, filming also with their Smartphone.
I guess I had the same look when I saw a 200e the first time too... fascinated by the work of a true genius.

Also there were no bananas at this superbooth. just the Buchla and the Random*Source Serge superb modules (and the banana Kai offered to me). What a look the Serge in these new cases!!!! You should see the Serge TKB (not just another TKB as I first thought by seing it on the table!) and the other modules/panel in these boats!
No other 4U present at the Superbooth afaik.

Back to Buchla. First time I see the 252e in real. Pffffuiii... What a sequencer!!!
Goes by the way up to 480 bpm... yummy yummy the nice divisions and sub-divisions SlayerBadger!
batchas
Kai playing live with the 200e at the Superbooth. I did not check but I think he is the only one who did. And between us he has balls to explore different directions while playing live, IMHO sometimes soundwise "radical", compared to some other gigs I heard on this stage, not imperatively following a schema of what would the audience like to hear I mean, but also letting the potential of the 200e express itself. might not be exact because very subjective, but this is the way I feel it.
Hem... Not sure what I am writing here makes sense, but as excuse let's say it is written by a french guy having one foot in german and the other in english, who would be way more comfortable right now writing this kind of thing in his native language Mr. Green

The sound on this stage was impressive (basses) w00t
misa
Thank you batchas. I am so thrilled to read your kind words.

I really enjoyed my show. You can tell what kind of stages I played previously: the technicians laughed at me when they read on my rider that it said "ideally 1 monitor". For them it was less work, they agreed with "ideally", but for me a rare occasion where monitors are available and/or necessary...wink

I hope I will be able to get a hold of the recording from hr show and post it somewhere.
misa
batchas wrote:
Kai playing live with the 200e at the Superbooth. I did not check but I think he is the only one who did.

oh: I missed this part at first, but there was at least Max Loderbauer (NSI) and Steve H who also performed with a 200e as well.

wink
batchas
misa wrote:
batchas wrote:
Kai playing live with the 200e at the Superbooth. I did not check but I think he is the only one who did.

oh: I missed this part at first, but there was at least Max Loderbauer (NSI) and Steve H who also performed with a 200e as well.

wink

thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge  
Page 1 of 1