MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

It's official - Behringer 808...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author It's official - Behringer 808...
iskeptici
Let the comments begin...

http://www.synthanatomy.com/2018/05/behringer-teased-rhythm-designer-r d-808-analog-drum-machine.html
Luap
chvad
sounds cool enough!
zeit
Wow, this is unexpected. I haven't been really keeping up with what Behringer has been doing and only looked at a few of the Model D demos. I'll have to get one of this though. Looks like it's full-size and not toy size. So nice, estimate 500€? hyper
Jason Brock
spacezignul
if they do a 808 they have to do a 909
lisa
Cool! A few years ago I’d be all over this. However, TR-8 is a perfect TR-808 mimic (plus 606, 707, 727 and 909) and I have one of those so BD-808 isn’t for me.
willbanks
spacezignul wrote:
if they do a 808 they have to do a 909

looks like they are, along with other drum machines
http://www.synthanatomy.com/2017/12/the-next-bomb-has-burst-behringer- teased-5-new-analog-digital-drum-machines-lmx-omx-rd-999-rd-808-rd-909 .html

bit of an old article referring back to when behringer "accidentally" leaked pictures on their website of drum machines. Since they came out and announced the 808, they're probably doing a 909 as well.
bradpickapiper
they did just produce the analog 808 people have been wanting from Roland for years. Roland slept on this for sure.
I'd like to see an all-in-one analog Roland box (happy to have Roland make it too! haha) with a few different drum machines in one.
RUMPLEDFORESKIN
OG company releases digital knock off of coveted gear.

Behringer releases actual analog version at an amazing price.

OG company is not hurt by this, as they are well established and still make good products.

Fan boys cry in the forums.

Broke people like me profit.
GovernorSilver
I like the slowed down "Sexual Healing" pattern at the end of the 1st Sonic State vid.
tehyar
The little tweaky thingies they added on the left side do some seriously sexy stuff to the sound.
bitflip
RUMPLEDFORESKIN wrote:
OG company releases digital knock off of coveted gear.

Behringer releases actual analog version at an amazing price.

OG company is not hurt by this, as they are well established and still make good products.

Fan boys cry in the forums.

Broke people like me profit.

QFT thumbs up
EPTC
Yeah I'll admit to finding much of the Behringer D to be a really mean spirited way of behaving as a company, but this is more like it. The enhancement with the filter looks/sounds great. Roland won't ever offer a full-sized analog reissue so this is nice. Sounds and looks really terrific.

Wonder if Acidlab's products should be considered in the discussion, though. It's twice the price, but I'd think this is Behringer jumping on the 808 Miami's cloud a bit.

That said I wouldn't mind one of these B 808s, or are we going to call them B0B's?
col
Compressor on the kick, individual outs with the Moffet filter across the mains (shame it's not selectable)! applause
rizoma
Speaking about this and all of those clones no one seems to care about the original sequencer, like the a/b patterns, the intro/fill in and the autofill in.
I'm so frustrated! very frustrating
I'm the only one who cares?? d'oh!
The sequencer is responsible of the sounds. It's the glue behind it!!! Dead Banana
Peake
edit
makhho
rizoma wrote:
Speaking about this and all of those clones no one seems to care about the original sequencer, like the a/b patterns, the intro/fill in and the autofill in.
The sequencer is responsible of the sounds. It's the glue behind it!!! Dead Banana

couldn't agree with you more confused
Jim's computer beats
rizoma wrote:

AFAIK, (correct me if I’m wrong) the sequencer on roland boutique tr-08 has the same functions as the original.
kwaidan
For about fifteen minutes, I actually owned a TR-08; however, a simple A/B comparison with my Acidlab sent it back with absolutely no regret.

Although Behringer’s business model is disgusting and unethical, I shed no tears for Roland. The 808 defined a number of genres, yet for years now, the corporation has blatantly ignored what the public wants, relying on the silly argument that an imitation (virtual reality) is better than the original.
h4ndcrafted
Can you run stuff through it, be handy that analogue transient shaper for other drum synths.

Wonder what it will sound like next to a Yocto.
benway
h4ndcrafted wrote:

Or a TR-08, TR-8 or Roland plugin more to the point. I'm not inclined to presume that it'll come out well.
gentle_attack
benway wrote:
h4ndcrafted wrote:

Or a TR-08, TR-8 or Roland plugin more to the point. I'm not inclined to presume that it'll come out well.

These are good questions. One of my favorite things about the RYTM is using a 808 sample I like, and layering it with some synthesis, then compressing to taste. Kind of a nice way to put your own spin on the situation.

I'd assume layering the rompler of the TR-8S with samples could bring similar joy, although I know how Elektrons work, and used RYTM isn't much more than a new TR-8S anyways.
benway
I have a Rytm as well, have to say that if it was just the analogue section I'd be kinda disappointed - for straight up out of the box "character" without hours of tweaking I'd probably take my TR09 instead - but the samples and sequencer take it to the next level.

Looking forward to the firmware update with the bassline synth, should be dropping soon I'd hope.
h4ndcrafted
The behringer with its transient shaper might well come out better than any of them.
I was really wondering about the Yocto as it is the cheapest analogue clone.

I might sell my Yocto and replace it with tr08s as great as vanilla 808 is , I’m kinda bored of it already.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 1 of 5