MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

It's official - Behringer 808...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next [all]
Author It's official - Behringer 808...
ramos808
36replicator wrote:
why do people still care about the 808?

Er because they like the sound?

Why do people care about grand pianos? Violins?
Red Electric Rainbow
36replicator wrote:

because they’re sick
ym2612
36replicator wrote:

97 posts to go!
Panason
Quote:
97 posts to go!

I guess there must have been some griefers in the buy/sell forum but do try to entertain the notion that not everyone is here to sell eurorack modules...
Red Electric Rainbow
36replicator wrote:

but besides being sick af its a versatile drum machine that sits nicely in a mix and works well with almost every genre. even though its pretty basic you can get plenty of mileage out of it.

what do you suggest in its place?
rens
The 909? A drumbrute? A drm1 plus any sequencer? So many options.
Red Electric Rainbow
rens wrote:

LMAO AF

The 909 is sick but it doesn’t replace an 808 just like an 808 doesn’t replace a 909. I hate Arturia gear with a passion. The only thing i think i hate more is a drum machine without its own dedicated sequencer so the DRM is not an option for me. And the DRM tries to clone three classic Rolands, including the 808, so keep trying pal.
DiscoDevil
Red Electric Rainbow wrote:
rens wrote:

LMAO AF

The 909 is sick but it doesn’t replace an 808 just like an 808 doesn’t replace a 909. I hate Arturia gear with a passion. The only thing i think i hate more is a drum machine without its own dedicated sequencer so the DRM is not an option for me. And the DRM tries to clone three classic Rolands, including the 808, so keep trying pal.

DRM is its own thing. Doesn't try to clone any of the X0X boxes.
Red Electric Rainbow
DiscoDevil wrote:
DRM is its own thing. Doesn't try to clone any of the X0X boxes.

idk i think it does but whatever
ym2612
Panason wrote:
I guess there must have been some griefers in the buy/sell forum but do try to entertain the notion that not everyone is here to sell eurorack modules...

The difference between a shitpost for its own sake and a shitpost to meet the BST minimum is not really significant to me
h4ndcrafted
The thing is, pianos are timeless , I wouldn’t say the 808 is timeless. You can make way better drums on a softsynth these days.

This really is for people that want that vintage experience.
tenembre
Tiptop 808 modules were a huge upgrade over samples for me. Not for any nostalgic reason, but for the sound.

I'm guessing the Beri 808 will be a similar upgrade for many, particularly if they use the individual outs into a mixing desk.
Panason
Not convinced by any of the latest videos yet... this whole thing is becoming less relevant as every day passes with all the fresh stuff being released.
mookmoof
36replicator wrote:

Because the 808 Kick Drum makes the girlies get dumb
Rex Coil 7
... read this entire thread up to this point. Thought I would learn something new.

There's 45 minutes of my life I won't get back ....

d'oh! d'oh!
h4ndcrafted
Rex Coil 7 wrote:
... read this entire thread up to this point. Thought I would learn something new.

d'oh! d'oh!

Such as...

What I’ve learnt from the constant obsession with the 808 is the 606 is better.
Red Electric Rainbow
Rex Coil 7 wrote:

lilakmonoke
Quote:
What I’ve learnt from the constant obsession with the 808 is the 606 is better.

exactly what im thinking. and smaller, and better timing, and not ridiculously overpriced. but dont tell anybody on muffs :-)
Panason
Jamiroquai's kb player makes a longer demo !

Sounds pretty good I think... close enough with some nice improvements.
anselmi
Panason wrote:
Jamiroquai's kb player makes a longer demo !

Sounds pretty good I think... close enough with some nice improvements.

"looks kind of familiar" hihi

they really made it big, as the OG, of course

this "wave designer" thing works really well with the kick drum, and the tune feature is great to have on board...the filter also is a great extra, and for the money...pfff

I think this will split the waters between the OG owners/sellers/buyers with colletor prices and the low end market who the noobie can afford...and then nothing in between, so the hype will go down and then will be a big place to fill with new and different products in the machinedrum/groovebox format
Monotremata
Sounds close enough to me. For the price its a no brainer. If that's how big the RD-909 is gonna be damn. I better go invest in some shelving. Getting an MPC delivered tomorrow and I already have to remove something from my desk for it!
lilakmonoke
that is a proper drum machine size and you can dump all the roland boutique toys in dumpster, thank you ... and the jamiroquai tosser actually puts behringer gear on top of a holy grail jupiter 8!

behringer has a weird habit of selecting clueless characters for product demos and this is no exception. what about the egyptian lover he would be absolutely qualified for this job? i dont own a 808 too but i think the rd808 has this elusive quality to sound big and soft at the same time .. just like a real 808 but i still think ill go for the rd-909 as im into primal techno.
dubonaire
lilakmonoke wrote:
that is a proper drum machine size and you can dump all the roland boutique toys in dumpster, thank you ... and the jamiroquai tosser actually puts behringer gear on top of a holy grail jupiter 8!

behringer has a weird habit of selecting clueless characters for product demos and this is no exception. what about the egyptian lover he would be absolutely qualified for this job? i dont own a 808 too but i think the rd808 has this elusive quality to sound big and soft at the same time .. just like a real 808 but i still think ill go for the rd-909 as im into primal techno.

I can remember when egyptian lover demoed the tb-03 a lot of people in social media land didn't know who he was and complained about him.

I have to say the kick sounds great.
Chopper
Egyptian Lover is endorsed by Roland, so no can do, plus it's not like people have to agree on demoing something just because the crowd wants them to ...
Panason
lilakmonoke wrote:

Err, yeah, that is Jamiroquai's keyboard player and far from "clueless". d'oh! He can afford another jupiter 8 I'm sure. Egyptian Lover has shamed himself by doing a promo for the Roland TR08...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next [all]
Page 11 of 15