MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

It's official - Behringer 808...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next [all]
Author It's official - Behringer 808...
bitflip
Perfect circuit started preorders and i couldn't resist... by their estimate, the neighbors have 4-5 weeks hihi
phesago
tenembre wrote:
The Grump wrote:
tenembre wrote:
That's ancient history. Seller put that listing up months ago.

So... who else is selling them, Oh Mighty Know-It-All?

Figure it out yourself, since you can't be bothered to be civil.

Im going to take away your toys children razz
Panason
tenembre
phesago wrote:
tenembre wrote:
The Grump wrote:
tenembre wrote:
That's ancient history. Seller put that listing up months ago.

So... who else is selling them, Oh Mighty Know-It-All?

Figure it out yourself, since you can't be bothered to be civil.

Im going to take away your toys children razz

Congratulations, you've been added to my ignore list.
Panason
tito_tunes
Are these going to be compatible with DinSync? Hopefully receiving and sending.
The Grump
Just ordered mine from Perfect Circuit.
Panason
From what I hear this is as expected. Lacks the mojo of the 808 (kicks and snares are less exciting, I guess the addition of the transient shaper was an attempt to compensate ) but sounds good and is better than the Arturia Drumbrutes.

In other words, it's a Mehringer.
slumberjack
Panason wrote:

now i get it...you mean the ship got boarded by somalian pirates.
seriously that would be...
slumberjack
Panason wrote:
Arturia Drumbrutes

my live-act pal has got one of them and i'm glad he switched it with a digitakt for our joint live-act.
Panason
Quote:
he switched it with a digitakt for our joint live-act.

There is no longer a need for the Elektron calculator.

Roland MC101 is the new king when switching from inadequate drum machines and need something compact. Stereo samples, battery power, SD card for direct sample import, better FX, one finger pattern switching*! nanners

*Yep, that's right. Elektron's box still does not let you press one button to select a pattern... you have to select the pattern bank and pattern number with an awkward two-button combo every time...
lol lol lol
slumberjack
Panason wrote:
Quote:
he switched it with a digitakt for our joint live-act.

There is no longer a need for the Elektron calculator.

Roland MC101 is the new king when switching from inadequate drum machines and need something compact. Stereo samples, battery power, SD card for direct sample import, better FX, one finger pattern switching*! nanners

*Yep, that's right. Elektron's box still does not let you press one button to select a pattern... you have to select the pattern bank and pattern number with an awkward two-button combo every time...
lol lol lol

be sure i've told him i'd get a model:samples over the digi for the stage anytime. but my point was more on the side that this drumbrute sounded not right to my ears compared the what you called calculator.
strumm
Can someone measure the width. I'm hoping less than 19 1/8 inches.

thanks,
strumm
Panason
oh man, the GS thread is hilarious!

Quote:

Just got mine. First impression. It's plastic! What a big let down.

lol

Other bad things observed by quite a few people:

-Does not have the 808 mojo
-Main outputs are quiet
-Transient designer and filter are not present on the headphone out
-Randomly drops bassdrum audio when pressing a button or turning a knob
-Double triggers sounds when driven from certain MIDI devices (including Elektron gear) because of a note off issue

The last one will probably be fixed with an update...

It's still better than a Drumbrute or a Roland TR08!
lud
Will see, just ordered one from Bax music, in stock, for the princely sum of £247 (5% code too!). Haven't got really got high hopes for build quality and UI but doubt I'll lose much on it (my dignity?)
lud
Not that anyone asked but I wanted to follow up on my last post - I received it, had a quick play and decided to return it right away.
As noted - bizarrely drum sounds missing as the beat loops (terrible - how did it get released like this)
The internal clock didn't seem steady and audibly glitched several times as the loop rolled on making it unusable
Rim shot loud and distorted
Filter thing/shaper unnecessary and sounds weak IMO - entire left side of panel and new features completely unwanted by me
BPM counter no decimals and unpleasurable compared to the smooth original knob
Horrible rubber buttons and lights
Main mix output lacked headroom and sounded ruffer compared to Yocto - in fact I prefer every sound on the Yocto

Sorry to leave pure negative feedback - at least the price is reasonable but even then the unit doesn't perform well for any price
Carrousel
lud wrote:
Not that anyone asked but I wanted to follow up on my last post - I received it, had a quick play and decided to return it right away.
As noted - bizarrely drum sounds missing as the beat loops (terrible - how did it get released like this)
The internal clock didn't seem steady and audibly glitched several times as the loop rolled on making it unusable
Filter thing/shaper unnecessary and sounds weak IMO - entire left side of panel and new features completely unwanted by me
Main mix output lacked headroom and sounded ruffer compared to Yocto - in fact I prefer every sound on the Yocto

Sorry to leave pure negative feedback - at least the price is reasonable but even then the unit doesn't perform well for any price

Hmmm, sounds fairly horrific all in! hmmm.....
Panason
This seems worse than even I anticipated. hihi Definitely lost some respect for SonicState with this one...
missingtwin
Get what you pay for I guess.
Dreadful throw-away culture.
Maffez
firmware really still has some headroom for improvement smile and I also wonder what all those vip beta testers tested - hope this will be amended

nevertheless, in terms of the sound engine, I'm pretty happy with mine. maybe some fine-tuning could have been different here and there, but i like what i'm hearing

it's quite fun to mod this thing too - couple of musically less talented clips, if anyone's interested -

https://soundcloud.com/uibkmedan/sets/behringer-rd8-external-audio-thr ough-fx-fx-cv-mods

https://soundcloud.com/uibkmedan/rd8-combomodjjam
oscilloscope
lud wrote:

My wonder of music forums is endless. This is a quote from a recent GS poster, who after mentioning problems with the unit (sequencing problems) also said: "its built like a tank and it sounds wonderful".
oscilloscope
oops.
oscilloscope
oscilloscope wrote:
missingtwin wrote:
Get what you pay for I guess.
Dreadful throw-away culture.

Right .... Maybe we could reminisce about the $8,000 Moog One synth, released in Oct. 2018 with a truckload of software and hardware problems.
Not all of which fixed as of now, almost a year latter...
Panason
oscilloscope wrote:

My wonder of music forums is endless. This is a quote from a recent GS poster, who after mentioning problems with the unit (sequencing problems) also said: "its built like a tank and it sounds wonderful".

I have actually been thinking about starting a SlutWatch thread in the Off topic forum so that we can build a nice collection of gems from over there. w00t
Man-In-A-Suitcase
oscilloscope wrote:

I have actually handled the Behr RD-8. It has some weight to it, but that's probably because it's made from a rigid 3mm thick plastic, and the base is a thin aluminium plate. But yes there are operational problems, tbh it's never been tested properly by these so called Behr-beta testers. Most of them just showcased the thing and they probably edited out the problems with it in the video.

As for the TR-808 now that is built like a tank and sounds even more wonderful. hihi
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15  Next [all]
Page 13 of 15