MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

It's official - Behringer 808...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 [all]
Author It's official - Behringer 808...
CosmicFlight
chiasticon wrote:
Gaetan wrote:
I am guessing that the code concerns the sequencing part of the machine. I don't doubt it is complex to code (real time computing with tiny margins or error it hard), but it makes me wonder how other brands seem to manage it fine.

System 80 recently released an 808 clone. entirely developed by one guy. apparently he's a way better coder than anyone Behringer can hire (and he's actually a former molecular biologist, or something). Acidlab is probably the same deal: one guy developing the whole thing. not sure how many people worked on Nava and Yocto...

I get it that it's way easier to just copy the circuit boards than it is to come up with code to copy functionality. but a sequencer is not that complicated, and many people have done it.

Talking 808 clones, the best sounding one is 8RAW8 by Florian, no sequencer but 100% 808 sounds
xradii
The only other drum machine I"m interested in is the Alpha Base but I'm not sure I'm willing to pay $2,000 for one.... confused ....For $350, I'll definitely buy an RD-8 to see how well it sounds in person and not on YouTube...but I'm a true masochist, I need another Octatrack first. lol
Panason
Uli Behringer presents : "My first drum machine"... lol

Featuring the smash hit "It will probably be fixed with a firmware update!" cheerfully chanted by millions daily!
nectarios
My mate got one. Its loads of fun, some careful level set up is needed and a compressor for that matter, but it sounds great, the tune on the kick along makes it worth getting over the original.

Its insane to have all those individual outputs, functionality, sound for that price.
Man-In-A-Suitcase
Panason wrote:
Featuring the smash hit "It will probably be fixed with a firmware update!" cheerfully chanted by millions daily!

I hear alexi Sayle is re-releasing his smash hit

"Ullo Behringer got a new update?"
Panason
I suppose it could be used as a drum module and sequenced externally.... when the double-triggering bug gets fixed with that update twisted Dead Banana
Sinamsis
Panason wrote:
I suppose it could be used as a drum module and sequenced externally.... when the double-triggering bug gets fixed with that update twisted Dead Banana

I probably would have preferred a sound module alone with more extensive MIDI implementation.
The Grump
CosmicFlight wrote:

Talking 808 clones, the best sounding one is 8RAW8 by Florian, no sequencer but 100% 808 sounds

Looks dope, sounds awesome in the demo vid, but I can't see a price listed. Any idea what they're asking for it?
rowsbywoof
Little complaints aside, this thing sounds incredible for the around $300 they're asking for it. It might not be a perfect 808 clone, but it's damn near close to one, full analog, and at the price of the Roland Boutique. If I was in the market for an 808 it would be really hard to justify picking up one of the alternative over the "BR-808".
h4ndcrafted
Anybody bought one in the U.K. that came with the right plug ?

808s are fun to jam, but I find them boring as hell. I ordered this because it seems more fun for little outlay, we shall see.
vromr
Assuming they were the same price, would you go for a Behringer RD8 or a Yocto? From an interface perspective, Yocto buttons seem more tactile and fun to press than the flat switches on RD8.
h4ndcrafted
vromr wrote:
Assuming they were the same price, would you go for a Behringer RD8 or a Yocto? From an interface perspective, Yocto buttons seem more tactile and fun to press than the flat switches on RD8.

I’ll let you know when I get mine. I’ve read that the Yocto sounds a bit more true to the original. It’s so marginal here, does it even matter.
The Yocto switches in the Erica case I had were very tactile and easy to swipe along too. I’d probably go for the mark 2 Yocto , but the user interface is bland af on the original. I sold mine because of that. The RD is way more fun on paper, we shall see.
Yocto 1 was fun to jam , but seq wise it was a snooze.
Alphaman
3hands
I may have to grab one of these at some point. I picked up the Roland TR09 and it’s great for what I need. I am debating between this and the Roland it it seems this is winning by a long run. No cuddly size, fiddly knobs and Buttons that are spaced to close together etc...I’m very interested in hearing from people who have some experience on the Behringer, as it all comes down to sound and workflow for me.
h4ndcrafted

My settings to make that kick sing, too bad the sends bypasses individual outs.

Doesn’t sound quite as dynamic as my Yocto did, but even without the high pass and shaper, the kicks decay is way better.

If the 909s as good as this , oh baby.
3hands
h4ndcrafted wrote:

My settings to make that kick sing, too bad the sends bypasses individual outs.

Doesn’t sound quite as dynamic as my Yocto did, but even without the high pass and shaper, the kicks decay is way better.

If the 909s as good as this , oh baby.

Thank you sir. I will be ordering one ASAP
tenembre
Manual Link: https://media63.music-group.com/media/PLM/data/docs/P0DG5/RHYTHM%20DES IGNER%20RD-8_M_EN.pdf
Chopper
So, people you made the plunge and got one, could you please list the rumoured bugs? I am still hesitant...
dubonaire
Chopper wrote:
So, people you made the plunge and got one, could you please list the rumoured bugs? I am still hesitant...

Fake mugwump jism apparently.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 [all]
Page 15 of 15