MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

It's official - Behringer 808...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next [all]
Author It's official - Behringer 808...
rizoma
Panason wrote:
rizoma wrote:
Speaking about this and all of those clones no one seems to care about the original sequencer, like the a/b patterns, the intro/fill in and the autofill in.
I'm so frustrated! very frustrating
I'm the only one who cares?? d'oh!
The sequencer is responsible of the sounds. It's the glue behind it!!! Dead Banana

Who says it doesn't have those?

I can't find any trace of those functions on the panel, other than autofill, I hope someone at behringer is reading and thinking about including the old workflow within the new stuff
Panason
Agreed! Plus pattern change via MIDI is a must have for me.... especially if you can do stuff like retrigger patterns and jump to the same position in another pattern. That would really take it to the next level.

I can see some interesting stuff scrawled with marker pen above the 16 keys!

And, there is an INTRO/FILL-IN button at the bottom right corner! SlayerBadger!

And STEP REPEAT! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!

It's peanut butter jelly time!

The only thing I can see is missing is a tuning knob for the bass drum ...
bluehotel
this is going to sell a lot, which is lame, because the TR-8S is way more useful, but too niche for the people this is marketing to. yes it's more expensive, but the TR-8S is also an endgame drum machine for most people.
prae
is it out yet? i don’t care enough to look
Monotremata
They didn't know when it would be ready when they demoed it. I think they said they were hoping August/September?? Hopefully the 909 isn't too far behind!
cake100
I am looking forward to seeing what their original drum machine will be like.
MindMachine
cake100 wrote:

Which one is that?
Monotremata
MindMachine wrote:
cake100 wrote:

Which one is that?

I can't remember what it was called, but apparently theyre doing like 6 machines (I think) altogether and one of them is not going to be a clone, but their own analog machine like the Deepmind and the Neutron (I think thats what its called).
fattyparts
Monotremata wrote:
They didn't know when it would be ready when they demoed it. I think they said they were hoping August/September?? Hopefully the 909 isn't too far behind!

pie in the sky thinking but it would be absolute marketing genius if each unit dropped on the 08/08 and 09/09 respectively.
Panason
Not likely to happen before Christmas if the Neutron's timeline is anything to go by. Another irresistible box by the evil B! help
JAO
fattyparts wrote:
would be absolute marketing genius if each unit dropped on the 08/08 and 09/09 respectively.

Look like the 808 will be announced on Wednesday. I wouldn't expect to see production before 2019.
fattyparts
i'm still hopeful it will be released this wednesday!
Man-In-A-Suitcase
Behringer 8th August 2018

https://www.facebook.com/105517788913/posts/10156659155938914/

will they outdo Roland, who only seem to be releasing sneakers ?
Panason
The suspense is agonizing.

Please refrain from bumping up this thread until release is announced as I suffer from severe GAS attacks that would make Cartman look easy going in comparison Dead Banana
prae
all of that teasing, for a teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1V4nE2-Bag

sounds pretty whack. why put this shitty ass demo up?
Panason
Dead Banana
At the end it says "see you 9/9" with an ugly yellow font... annoying marketing is annoying.
rowsbywoof
Panason wrote:
Dead Banana
At the end it says "see you 9/9" with an ugly yellow font... annoying marketing is annoying.

LOL, where they do the same video but with a BR-909? The build on this does look pretty dope, though. They're going to sell so many of these 808s it's going to hurt... and somehow still drive up the price of the originals as people claim to hear the slightest bit of difference on the tails of hats, and the clang of the cowbell. The circle of synth life spins on.
RickKleffel
prae wrote:
all of that teasing, for a teaser

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1V4nE2-Bag

sounds pretty whack. why put this shitty ass demo up?

The individual sounds seem pretty ok, but the joy of a TR-808, and presumably, the BR-808, is the insane and unique playability. I would have thought for the premiere of their machine, they'd get someone who at least seemed to have seen one before. Whoever was running this one, alas, did not seem to grok the goodness that is x0xbox programming. To be honest, cooled my jets a bit. Plus, I don't need it, plus, I don't have any space for it.

Which means that I still might buy one!
nectarios

Definitely sounds decent, actually it sounds nice, better than the TR-8 and any Drumbrute for sure.

That resonance, whatever trick almost blew my speakers, that was just silly.
Waiting for the price. If its cheap enough, I'll buy one.
dubonaire
rowsbywoof wrote:
The build on this does look pretty dope, though.

Including the flexing panel?
nectarios
dubonaire wrote:
rowsbywoof wrote:

lol true that
lud
Puma's 808 shoes look more authentic to me!
Jerome
I'll wait for the Soma Pulsar 23, new paradigm and rythmic soundscapes.
tenembre
dubonaire wrote:
rowsbywoof wrote:

That's a prototype. The Deepmind sample they sent to Sonic State for review did the same thing.
SonicRevolutions
The sunken trig knobs... d'oh!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 11, 12, 13  Next [all]
Page 3 of 13