MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

braided cables
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author braided cables
jdhtwo
Can anyone pass along leads on braided patch cables?

Oddly, they've been hard for me to come across...

Thanks,
Dan
sduck
What size, format? And why braided, anyway? Is there any particular advantage to them, or is it just a style thing?
jdhtwo
1/8" patch cables for Eurorack modules.

Purely style!
gonkulator
DIY, it's easy!

hihi
jdhtwo
Please tell me you did this just for the sake of this thread.
gonkulator
I respectfully refuse to say that.
rembrandtvanrijn
Do these ship worldwide?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FoMu-Eurorack-Metallic-Braided-Cables-25-50 -80-150cm-Pack-5-8-Mixed-/172340878693?var=&hash=item6db373c2f9
TheMentat
rembrandtvanrijn wrote:
Do these ship worldwide?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FoMu-Eurorack-Metallic-Braided-Cables-25-50 -80-150cm-Pack-5-8-Mixed-/172340878693?var=&hash=item6db373c2f9

ooohhh.. those are nice looking... I did not need to see that!
insoul8
I got some from modular addict a ways back.
Nino
Cable Puppy (packages are still labled as AQA).
Thin, but not soft. Nice feel. Good grip on the head.
jeboo
The mutable braided cables are great
starthief
These: https://modularaddict.com/parts/cables/eurorack-patch-cables-656

They're cheap but reliable; I have something like 80 of them in various lengths with no problems (replaced all my other cables except stacking ones).
TemplarK
jeboo wrote:

Yes sir/madam yes they are! Mutable Little Bag of cables are aweome I keep buying them. Only now i need some longer ones but still they are my favourite!
brandonlogic
Is there a difference between the mutable and modular Addict cables?
retoid
brandonlogic wrote:
Is there a difference between the mutable and modular Addict cables?

They seem to be identical. There is a slight textured band around the jack on both versions. I've got some Modular Addict cables and I think they're really good. The short ones can be a little on the stiffer side and like to take stay in their bent shape for a little while. Other than that, they have a nice feel and seem to be of a quality that will last for some time. I plan on buying more in the near future.

MI

MA
starthief
When the MA cables stay bent naturally, they unbend pretty easily.
Mark II
jeboo wrote:

And braided. Oh, you said that.

Love those cables. Use them mostly for more airily spaced patched, cause they tend to get in the way a little in dense patches.
placebo92
I bought the Mutable Instruments set. Nice cables and come in a very pretty little bag
Just another rookie
I used (borrowed) a black 6” cable for a patch (MA)
I own the little bag from MI.

It is impossible to tell the difference between the two.

P.s.
Gonkulator.....
That’s funny.......
I do that to tidy up breadboards.
More recently, if I love a patch, a lot.....
I may tangle more efficiently!
strangegravity
jdhtwo wrote:
Please tell me you did this just for the sake of this thread.

HAHAHHHHHA!
MindMachine
The main reason I don't use braided cables is because they show beer stains. Guinness ftw!
dirtbudda
Gotta go for the modular addict braids they feel great and they are a little stiff I have plenty of 48" and they bend back in a couple of days thats if you keep them patched up for awhile.I also have a ton of their stackables theyrrrrrrrr are not as nice as the tip tops but for the money they are well worth it. I have a cable rack full of them I have not even touched because i keep using the same hanndfull. applause we're not worthy
dooj88
ITT: exploratory patchers vs cram the whole audio spectrum with sound sources modulated by every cv module/modifier in the rack and make impenetrable sketty!!
nimmen
I found Nazca Braided Patch Cables to be the best(imho), but they seem to be a bit expensive and some shops say discontinued? seriously, i just don't get it
SCOOBA_TANK
nimmen wrote:
I found Nazca Braided Patch Cables to be the best(imho), but they seem to be a bit expensive and some shops say discontinued? seriously, i just don't get it

LOVE THE NAZCAS! I just ordered a pile direct from Pittsburgh Modular. They’re showing as still available and $15 for a pack of 6 24” cables.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2