MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

New EURORACK at Superbooth 2018
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Author New EURORACK at Superbooth 2018
guestt
So any scoops on new EURORACK MODULES spotted at Superbooth.

Is anyone there, what have you seen, what's new and exciting?

This is fun!

p.s. This is NOT an EVENT thread - it's 100% not about discussing the event itself.
strangegravity
It's almost 6pm in Berlin. Where's the chatter?
Summa
better check Facebook and instagram for fast feedback from the fair. Most of what I've seen is already listed here in the Eurorack section..
dumbledog
Shit that's been announced this week:

Bastl Timber (waveshaper/distortion)
Bastl 1983 (MIDI to CV)
Xaoc Odessa (bigass additive VCO)
Xaoc Zadar (4x envelope)
u-he CVlization (multi-function thing, I don't think even Urs knows what it will eventually become as a whole)
AJH Wave Swarm and V-Shape (supersaw-esque and waveshaper respectively)
buncha new shit from ALM
Frap Tools Falistri (Maths-esque)
Expert Sleepers FH-2 (MIDI and more)
Roland/Malekko 500-series modules (synth-in-a-panel, slew, mixer, VCF[/url]
Rebel/Bela Salt (programmable thingy)

Pittsburgh's been busy too, with a new sequencer and oscillator, but I don't see the thread on the first page and i'm lazy
Aaronautical001
dumbledog wrote:
Shit that's been announced this week:

Bastl Timber (waveshaper/distortion)
Bastl 1983 (MIDI to CV)
Xaoc Odessa (bigass additive VCO)
Xaoc Zadar (4x envelope)
u-he CVlization (multi-function thing, I don't think even Urs knows what it will eventually become as a whole)
AJH Wave Swarm and V-Shape (supersaw-esque and waveshaper respectively)
buncha new shit from ALM
Frap Tools Falistri (Maths-esque)
Expert Sleepers FH-2 (MIDI and more)
Roland/Malekko 500-series modules (synth-in-a-panel, slew, mixer, VCF[/url]
Rebel/Bela Salt (programmable thingy)

Pittsburgh's been busy too, with a new sequencer and oscillator, but I don't see the thread on the first page and i'm lazy

Thanks for the update! thumbs up
strangegravity
I saw Sonic State on the new PGH sequencer but no mention of the new OSC teased on instagram. I've also blown up photos of the PGH booth. I can make out what modules are in the center euro rack and I don't see the new OSC.

waah
guestt
Excellent - this is a bit more like it, I had missed loads of those - thank you dumbledog

Keep em coming It's peanut butter jelly time!
Hidden_Path
Looks like some pretty cool stuff from Erica Synths...

fuzzyboy
New 4ms
mecanikill
Anyone have any info on the Noise Engineering LO prototype?
starthief
mecanikill wrote:

LO?
Navs
My pal Erik, designer of the Koma Poltergeist, is presenting his new modular company Metabolic Devices:

https://metabolicdevices.com

The first module is an analogue pattern and event extractor called 'Coherence'. Feed it two moving voltages to derive new, related CVs and gates. Totally jammable and 'Made for Maths', so to speak:

https://metabolicdevices.com/Coherence/#Coherence.panel

Disclosure: I was paid in beer for this advert beer! hihi
mecanikill
starthief wrote:
mecanikill wrote:

LO?

From the News Feed on Modular Grid

Mimetic Dgitialis in action with prototype LO (soon to come!), several NE oscillators, and TipTop Circadian Rhythms
starthief
What does LO stand for?

Or if that's unknown, where did information about that come from?

I follow them on FB (not that I can check it while I'm at work) and didn't see anything about that, and I double-checked their website and (in all futility) attempted to Google it.

Edit: I was out-edited, this is like a time travel thing smile

I guess I never even noticed Modular Grid had any sort of news feed before.
MarcelP
Navs wrote:
My pal Erik, designer of the Koma Poltergeist, is presenting his new modular company Metabolic Devices:

The first module is an analogue pattern and event extractor called 'Coherence'. Feed it two moving voltages to derive new, related CVs and gates. Totally jammable and 'Made for Maths', so to speak:

Sure that isn't an underground map? I spot Oxford Circus and a stretch of the Jubilee line (substitute freely for your local city transit system).
starthief
TINRS Edgecutter ADSR

https://www.matrixsynth.com/2018/05/details-on-tinrs-new-edgecutter.ht ml

Probably the coolest take on a traditional ADSR envelope, if you're into that sort of thing. cool
leftbracket
MarcelP wrote:
Sure that isn't an underground map? I spot Oxford Circus and a stretch of the Jubilee line (substitute freely for your local city transit system).

Mornington Crescent?
Hidden_Path
starthief wrote:
TINRS Edgecutter ADSR

https://www.matrixsynth.com/2018/05/details-on-tinrs-new-edgecutter.ht ml

Probably the coolest take on a traditional ADSR envelope, if you're into that sort of thing. cool

This one looks really cool, I've had my eye on their Wobbler for a bit, I could see the two pairing nicely for some interesting modulation.
apfEID
Navs wrote:

Rad idea. Looking forward to more details/video examples.
gonkulator
Hmmm... MakeNoise?
cackland
MarcelP wrote:

A module that reproduces the sounds of the underground...
bobbcorr
leftbracket wrote:
MarcelP wrote:

Mornington Crescent?

I believe the panel is derived from a card from Crockford's official gambling version of Mornington Crescent, introduced at the Blackpool Exhibition of 1985. Oxford Circus if I recall belongs to the Bakerloo suit (the other suits are Central, Circle and Northern), I believe it's one of the three face cards.
MarcelP
leftbracket wrote:
MarcelP wrote:

Mornington Crescent?

Oooh - under normal circumstances I would give you that but as I am currently in Switzerland I can play the Simplon Pass card and thereby elect any European city - I go for Berlin (appropriately enough in the circumstances) and play Nollendorfplatz.
MarcelP
cackland wrote:
MarcelP wrote:

A module that reproduces the sounds of the underground...

An endless loop of poor excuses for random delays on a crackly Tannoy interspersed with doleful reminders to "Mind the gap".....I just ordered a Magneto - and now have a purpose for it!
bobbcorr
MarcelP wrote:
leftbracket wrote:
MarcelP wrote:

Mornington Crescent?

Oooh - under normal circumstances I would give you that but as I am currently in Switzerland I can play the Simplon Pass card and thereby elect any European city - I go for Berlin (appropriately enough in the circumstances) and play Nollendorfplatz.

An excellent pre-Brexit gambit.

Wittenbergplatz.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Page 1 of 7