MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Bastl 1983 tuning midi module
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Bastl 1983 tuning midi module
bradpickapiper
haven't seen a thread about this yet:
http://www.bastl-instruments.com/modular/1983-2/

if you can tune the oscillators slightly off from each other and maintain that difference, might be kinda cool.
but i actually don't mind tuning oscillators!

khyber
I get it, 1983, the 80s, but whyyyyyyy that font on the panel cry
Paranormal Patroler
This is actually a very impressive module. As always, with Bastl, it's not your standard MIDI-to-CV.

This baby can play by itself while your busy tweaking away, and then BAM you hit your next chord and everything evolves into something super musical!

I also like how you can clock it so your notes are synced (re: you can force your notes to be on time, if you want).
MossGarden
khyber wrote:

It's the name of the module ? seriously, i just don't get it

Also the year Midi was implemented?
Yes Powder
Huh, I'm actually excited for a MIDI module. If this can do Hz/V like the company literature seems to suggest, I may finally kick my A190-4 to the curb.
mdoudoroff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_qNtJ8etCs
khyber
MossGarden wrote:
khyber wrote:

Call me crazy, but I like when all my modules from one manufacturer look similarly. It's a minor gripe of course, but Bastl just got their panel game under control. I didn't mean to knock the module, I just don't like fonts I can't easily read and discontinuity in a set.
BlackDoors
I think this looks really superb.

Quite apart from the automatic tuning behaviour, I think there is a gap for a MIDI-CV module at this size..... I have qmi2, which is very functional but huge. And even Yarns is 12HP.

I don't like the panel design/fonts and that but hey, I wouldn't let it stop me here!
sharonsr
Interesting module, I hope that module can be expandable, extra panel for velocity and one cc for each channel at lest .
MossGarden
khyber wrote:
MossGarden wrote:
khyber wrote:

Call me crazy, but I like when all my modules from one manufacturer look similarly. It's a minor gripe of course, but Bastl just got their panel game under control. I didn't mean to knock the module, I just don't like fonts I can't easily read and discontinuity in a set.

Which is fair, i do have a gripe with it myself actually ...

7HP angry

Buuuuut, it's a really neat idea
NANO-Jorge
khyber wrote:

I don't like that font either!
turnagain wistfultone
woof, this looks rad and is actually the thing im most excited about from superbooth! tuning across octaves, and a weird buffer that i dont have to tie up my teletype for? yes please
heres to hoping a <~200 price tag.
font is terrible and good simultaneously. bastle kills its with the graphic design.
DonKartofflo
gotta say i was sceptical about that blue/silver aesthetic but ever since i got my tromso i think it looks seriously clean in person.
they got an eye for good design and ive come to really dig the aesthetic.
Yes Powder
I've said it before; I liked the wooden panels.
I thought the wooden panels were cool. But this is pretty cool too. I also like the font.
And Bastl's perchant for odd-hp modules doesn't bother me.
Fight me.
arbee
Yes Powder wrote:
I've said it before; I liked the wooden panels.
I thought the wooden panels were cool. But this is pretty cool too. I also like the font.
And Bastl's perchant for odd-hp modules doesn't bother me.
Fight me.

agreed on all of this.

are they stopping using wooden planels??
Hidden_Path
BlackDoors wrote:
I think this looks really superb.

Quite apart from the automatic tuning behaviour, I think there is a gap for a MIDI-CV module at this size..... I have qmi2, which is very functional but huge. And even Yarns is 12HP.

I don't like the panel design/fonts and that but hey, I wouldn't let it stop me here!

Agreed... not even really in need of a MIDI-CV module at this point but this thing looks like it could be a nice timesaver.
gringostar
Yes Powder wrote:
Huh, I'm actually excited for a MIDI module. If this can do Hz/V like the company literature seems to suggest, I may finally kick my A190-4 to the curb.

Where did you see that it can do Hz/V? I looked and all I saw was choosing between A = 440 hz or 432 Hz which is totally different than Hz/V.
Yes Powder
gringostar wrote:
Where did you see that it can do Hz/V?

The fact that it has a Listen function which maps response across seven octaves suggests it.
FatKingTubby
The listen/tune to a custom voltage table is a really great idea. Imagine how it might tune an FMed sound source, or something distorted/waveshaped!

I wonder how long the whole calibration process takes, and if it does all 4 channels at a time. Does it let you save and recall tables? The values might not hold perfectly if you have an oscillator that takes a bit to warm up and stabilize I suppose.

Definitely sounds like a cool function that I didn't even realize I really wanted until hearing about it, but $300 is way on the high side with the feature list as it stands now. Hopefully the 'listening' jacks can be used for something else besides just tuning. Otherwise they'd just stay there unused until you need to tune again..
Vibe010
im in the market for a midi-to-cv-module that can auto-tune up the osc's but i not sure what is the difference between the 1983 and the clavis cal-trans. both would be a bit overkill for may hp-space, but one of them i could wiggle in.. what do you think about the two?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1