MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
Happy holidays! Please see the year-end funding drive post in the Announcements subforum. Thanks and all my love to you beautiful people.

Dreadbox Erebus 3
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Dreadbox Erebus 3
starthief
3 VCOs (now with FM), "triple ring" (where one VCO crossfades between the other two at audio rates), state variable filter, much better patch panel, still 499 Euros. About a month or two away.

https://sonicstate.com/news/2018/05/03/superbooth-2018-dreadbox-erebus -mk3-here-it-is/

Now I have to seriously rethink whether to go for the Neutron, or go this way.
Muse FTW
It sounds fantastic, but that was a given. They improved it while maintaining the price.

Incredibly impressed with Dreadbox lately.
Spectromat
Very interested in this love
GovernorSilver
Dreadbox seems to be killin' it.

Was kind of budgeting for an Abyss, but for just a bit more than an Abyss I could get a Medusa 2 and this Erebus and be pretty happy.
sp1200
Bank account destroyed.

Dead Banana
racooniac
this + neutron is a very powerful package for its money.
i think i know what two new brothers my rack will get soon wink
AW198
Love the dreadbox sound - if they were a little more generous with patch points I would have a largely dreadbox setup.
replicalex
wow. the "triple ring" thing sounds class nanners . Damn it. Now I want this as well as the Medusa!
The Junglechrist
Nice one for sure ! Very curious to try it out as soon as possible !
kindredlost
Yannis should easily win “designer of the year” for 2018 in anyone’s poll.
TheDegenerateElite
Only tangentially related....

I just got my Lil Erebus kit in the post today.

Looks great. The Hades DIY is back in stock again too.
Needles
Good God Dreadbox makes tasty-sounding synths.
inaroom
Would it be worth to sell v2 to buy the v3? V3 looks nice and improved
pmboos
Just pre-ordered my v3! Very excited! (Next up a Neutron...)
pmboos
Synth AnaTomy did a great review recently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mhli7JdVA4
anselmi
I think V1 and V2 sounds better than this one...

I hear this annoying top end fizz in the oscillators that is also present in the Medusa, even worst since it has less weight in the bass register

do you, dreadbox users, agree with me?
ludotex
I like the way it sounds. The state variable filter is great! (too bad you cant cv the filter type it seems).
I dont think it sounds like the medusa. The vcos are juicy I like it hihi
anselmi
ludotex wrote:
I
I dont think it sounds like the medusa. The vcos are juicy I like it hihi

not like the Medusa...the Medusa ones are more sterile, but not like the previous Erebus either
Licudi
anselmi wrote:
I think V1 and V2 sounds better than this one...

I hear this annoying top end fizz in the oscillators that is also present in the Medusa, even worst since it has less weight in the bass register

do you, dreadbox users, agree with me?

Erebus V2 sounds better to me, which is interesting given its resale value has plummeted in the UK. Don't know whether that's because of all the cheap Behringer stuff or because of the new V3.
Synth Con Meo
Yeah I just did a pre-order on one. I have the V2 which I really like but had to add to my GAS addiction.
pmboos
Anyone heard, have they started shipping yet? Their site seems to have changed a bit, so it makes me think they are becoming available. Then I just have to see where Three Wave is in the Dreadbox pecking order...
parome
I'm curious about the v2 sound difference to the v3. It's hard to tell from the demos online. I suppose I'll have to try to try both to really know.

The both sound good but slightly different? In which case it feels like the v3 offers a bit more for the same price.

Any v2 users care to further elaborate? Guinness ftw!
pmboos
ThreeWave contacted me today just to verify the address since I ordered back in August, so mine should be on its way soon!
Synth Con Meo
pmboos wrote:
ThreeWave contacted me today just to verify the address since I ordered back in August, so mine should be on its way soon!

I just got mine the other day from Sweetwater. I've only had a little bit of time to mess with it. Yes it does function differently than V2 but I haven't done a side by side comparison so I can't expound on which one is better to me in the flesh. If there is such a thing.

Tim Shoebridge just posted a YT video the other day where he does do a side by side with the V2 and V3 but as you know YT videos are sometimes subjective to the person hearing it depending on how they listen.

<Tim Shoebridge V3 review PT2 video link>
jakobprogsch
I picked up mine last week from the shop and am very happy with it so far. I also have a Nyx and a Lil' Erebus kit. To my ear the (half) Nyx filter sounds identical to the V3. Which seems plausible given both are state variable filters. The Lil Erebus is slightly different. but in the sense that you have to actively look for the differences. To my ear the Lil Erebus has a bit less "base resonance" and also slightly "squelchier" resonance near the max. Also the knob range of the V3 is slightly wider than the Lil Erebus. But I doubt I could identify them without a direct comparison.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2