MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Does anyone want a decksaver cover for their MANTIS rack?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Does anyone want a decksaver cover for their MANTIS rack?
BleepBleep
Hey Wigglers,

i was at superbooth yesterday and was chatting with the guys at Decksaver (they make all the plastic covers for synths etc), and asked them about the possibility of making a cover for the Mantis, something i would personally love to have for my Mantis.

We actually went to another stand to show them the form factor, and to discuss things like making sure that there is enough clearance to allow for patch cables etc.

It looks like it is entirely possible to make a nice custom cover, but It all comes down to whether there is enough demand from the Mantis community.

So, if you would like a cover for the Mantis, please show your interest in this thread and add your ideas for any special considerations - such as clearance for patch cables etc and lets get it made SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!
Veqtor
I didn't get a mantis because of the lack of a decksaver-ish solution, would probably get one with the cover if it comes out
esquilofreniko
definitely interested
zengomi
Interested. I've got 3 of 'em help

Let's see a visualization.
scuto
I'm interested. For me, a low-profile cover would be preferable so it could fit into its carry bag.
RedLab
Very interested
isol
Very interested as well!
LongLostDonut
I am interested - although am considering getting a Pelican case as a more full on solution for transportation, so price point would be key.
geremyf
Very interested. I contacted them over a year ago about the Mantis and their reply was:

Quote:
When it comes to modular and euro rack there is too many permations to take on board so trying to produce a cover that will work for them is virtually impossible.

It would work for singluar cases however most people modulate them.

Which came off to me as somewhat nonsensical. I think I traded a couple more emails to no avail. I would like a decksaver, but then I would also worry about cost for something the size of the Mantis.
Hidden_Path
Yes! applause
Synthomas
Yes !
AW198
This is largely the reason I didn't get a mantis too! Interested fo sho
TheRosskonian
Interested.
kurodama
would that make it more mobile-friendly?
Torn n Frayed
Yes please!
novim
I'd be interested.

Regarding mobility, I read elsewhere that the Mantis fits well enough in the Intellijel 7U bag, but with a fair bit of headroom. If a Decksaver cover could help it sit snugly in there, patched and unable to tip over on its cables, then that could be a winning combo.
Teddyruxx
YES

please

although didn't we just have an answer there a few posts back?

seems like it prob won't happen...
spinalbeatz
Sign me up.
bmoren
Would have insta-bought a mantis if it had a cover.
zengomi
Perhaps Decksaver and TipTop could team up on this.
hawkfuzz
Yes do it.
Ears
Please take my money. I want two.
rnordac
Yes if it isn't over and can close patched :•)
dirtbudda
I'ts all about if the money's right. If it is then I would take one.
seriously, i just don't get it
Neekau
Could be, I have 2 of them
But probably a version without space for cables but more mobility friendly woud be better
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3