MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Miniwave is awesome!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Miniwave is awesome!
dkcg
I just finished mine yesterday and already am very impressed and could see a pair being very handy for audio and quantization. Any of you DIY types in euro world should definitely hop on this! The PlanB conversion kit makes it a breeze.
Luka
if you just want a quantiser MFOS have a good one for cheap

Im so keen on this module, want want want!

video please!!!
dougcl
Do you just go to the website and click to purchase? For some reason I got the impression that it wasn´t currently available. Any thoughts on getting the additional EPROM capacity behind the Plan B faceplate with everything else?
dkcg
dougcl wrote:
Do you just go to the website and click to purchase? For some reason I got the impression that it wasn´t currently available. Any thoughts on getting the additional EPROM capacity behind the Plan B faceplate with everything else?

Yup. I didn't get any sort of "thanks for shopping here's the tracking number" email, so I was wondering if the order went through, but it showed up about a week after I ordered it, the faceplace/power adapter I bought while I was at Noisebug, they have about 20 kits left I think. The board sits in the middle of the plate. I only have the stock prom now, I'll be ordering the rocket socket too. I'm not sure if the other eeproms stick out much, but it looks like there should be room, not sure about daughtercards tho.
tragedybysyntax
Yeah I need to snatch one of those euro faceplates because in a few month's I think I want to build a 2nd one and stick it in the euro. That way... I can use my miniwave in the blacet rack as quantize and the one in euro as a waveshaper. wink
D/A A/D
I want a mother fucking miniwave so bad... Although now I am contemplating rocking a SMALL modcan setup with a CV Recorder, VCDO and Miniwave...

GOD HELP ME!
Roycie Roller
Alex, i am right there with you on the Modcan. I cannot get past the power of three or four modules. I've been thinking long and hard about exactly how i want to synthesize sound, and for me, the cv recorder, quad lfo & vcdo to start out on, would probably give me enough timbre & modulation to last a lifetime. I suspect i'd need a shitload more modules in another format to approach the functionality of the modcan. Combined with the poor exchange rate between AU/US right now, the Canadian prospect looks great.
zerosum
Dammit get out of my mind lol
Quote:
i am right there with you on the Modcan. I cannot get past the power of three or four modules.

Quote:
I cannot get past the power of three or four modules.

Quote:
the cv recorder, quad lfo & vcdo

Rasta-nana

Yup me tooooo.

I want all the modcan oscilators, the cv recorder,quad lfo, and vcdo are the first must have modules on my "whenever i get money i will buy...." list.

Whats this thread about again? hmmm..... (looks up) oh yeah the miniwave!
I have used it for all kinds of wierdness!
dkcg
D/A A/D wrote:
I want a mother fucking miniwave so bad... Although now I am contemplating rocking a SMALL modcan setup with a CV Recorder, VCDO and Miniwave...

GOD HELP ME!

I'll trade you the VCS for the miniwave. razz lol
D/A A/D
dkcg wrote:
D/A A/D wrote:

GOD HELP ME!

I'll trade you the VCS for the miniwave. razz lol

HA! MY ASS IS BLEEDING
neandrewthal
If any of you Americans are sitting on the modcan fence DO IT NOW!!!!!!!!!! It'll cost you more than 30% less than it would this time last year. You sure as hell won't catch me buying any American stuff soon.
D/A A/D
neandrewthal wrote:
If any of you Americans are sitting on the modcan fence DO IT NOW!!!!!!!!!! It'll cost you more than 30% less than it would this time last year. You sure as hell won't catch me buying any American stuff soon.

I still need to pay for my QMMG... As they didn't have the price set when I made my initial AH order... d'oh!

FUCK!
parasitk
neandrewthal wrote:

sir yes sir!
neandrewthal
parasitk wrote:
neandrewthal wrote:

sir yes sir!

When I say buy, you say how many.
parasitk
I just need to sell an organ or two.
Roycie Roller
Well, i've just gone from broke to actually having money for modules...I'll be contacting Bruce in the next week or so to place an order for a CV recorder, VCDO and either a Quad LFO or Super Delay.
For those that have them, i'm wondering if the CV recorder can record complex cv's to use as LFO's, that approach something along the lines of the complexity of the Quad LFO. Put another way, is there much of a cross-over of functionality between the two?
As thermionic junky said, "Above a certain speed, structure is timbre", so i imagine both the cv recorder & the Quad LFO excel & shine at slower speeds, and the faster they are, the closer they start to resemble each other. Perhaps different on a scope, but not so different as 'sound' to the ear. So really, my question becomes- how different are the two at the point below where timbre breaks up into stepped/smooth shapes?
D/A A/D
The CV recorder can make a tape collage like sequence of CV, LFO's, noise, EG's... Super amazing...
flippantminister
D/A A/D wrote:
I still need to pay for my QMMG... As they didn't have the price set when I made my initial AH order...

did you get on a preorder list or something? if so, i need to hop on as well...
D/A A/D
flippantminister wrote:
D/A A/D wrote:
I still need to pay for my QMMG... As they didn't have the price set when I made my initial AH order...

did you get on a preorder list or something? if so, i need to hop on as well...

No preorder list unfortunately, but it pays to have friends in medium places to hold one for you...
flippantminister
D/A A/D wrote:
it pays to have friends in medium places to hold one for you...

lucky man... i'll cross my fingers and hope i snag one...
thermionicjunky
If I used a PC (for Wave256), I know that I would be getting the Modcan Miniwave. Though I decided to sell some Dotcom stuff for DIY supplies, I might not be able to resist the U.S./Canada exchange rate. The VCDO is calling. I can't directly compare the CV Recorder with the Quad LFO, since I don't have the LFO, but the CV Recorder will step at very low rates. Slew limiting is quite important. It is easy to design complex LFOs with the CV Recorder, and I suppose that you could record quadrature signals from something like the Mankato (or an FM'd Mankato, for extra weirdness) , but the rotate function would require some fancy switching, and the blend function is something else. The Quad LFO will only go up to 500Hz, while the CV Recorder is quite usable as an audio sampler. Actually, the Mankato would make a great sub-audio/audio filter for the CV Recorder (you could even warp the universe by processing a recording of the Mankato with the same Mankato).
flippantminister
well the miniwave is too deep to fit in my homemade case, so i had written it off. i had always intended to keep the modular down to one case. the other day i just decided to say fuck it- i've made more room in the house to set things up, the wife is into the modular, i'll build another case and have two. so i just ordered the miniwave conversion kit. i'm planning to build case #2 around the first of the year, so i'll be sitting on this for a while, but that's ok. i'm excited- both about the miniwave, and about all the fun stuff i'm gonna get to put in another case!
dkcg
Not the best demo of the Miniwave, crap actually. But last night I was playing around with the monome I just got (thus the crappy note choices, still working on the monome end), and decided to have the heisenberg randomly choose banks and waveforms to get an idea of how diverse the waveforms in the miniwave are. No filters, just a Asol saw driving the euro converted miniwave. It starts sounding like a waveformafooger at the end, reminded me of my MuRF, but instead of frequencies, waveforms. smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQfIbzi3ZU4
Roycie Roller
thermionicjunky wrote:
If I used a PC (for Wave256), I know that I would be getting the Modcan Miniwave. Though I decided to sell some Dotcom stuff for DIY supplies, I might not be able to resist the U.S./Canada exchange rate. The VCDO is calling. I can't directly compare the CV Recorder with the Quad LFO, since I don't have the LFO, but the CV Recorder will step at very low rates. Slew limiting is quite important. It is easy to design complex LFOs with the CV Recorder, and I suppose that you could record quadrature signals from something like the Mankato (or an FM'd Mankato, for extra weirdness) , but the rotate function would require some fancy switching, and the blend function is something else. The Quad LFO will only go up to 500Hz, while the CV Recorder is quite usable as an audio sampler. Actually, the Mankato would make a great sub-audio/audio filter for the CV Recorder (you could even warp the universe by processing a recording of the Mankato with the same Mankato).

Sounds fantastic! Thanks.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 1