MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

best vocal effects processor?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Author best vocal effects processor?
odditymedium
i've heard of the helicon, and the electro-harmonix voice box... which has th emost functionality and lowest price?

i just want some weird live processing of my voice, thats all
pricklyrobot
Check out the Boss VF-1 (half-rack multi-FX unit from...late ‘90s?). Has the Voice Transformer, a decent vocoder, some tweakable pitch-shifting algorithms, and a bunch of other cool stuff.
Last I looked, second-hand units were pretty easy to find for $120-ish.
odditymedium
what about the boss vo-1? is it good for voice only?
GuyaGuy
What kind of processing?

You've asked about the best, the most feature-rich, and the cheapest. The answer is not likely the same for each.
odditymedium
yeah i guess i should clarify

i just need something that will give me good presets, and do some weird processing of my voice, and its portable, thats all really

now i'm looking at the boss vt-1, sounds really good to me, and the roland vt-3, also looks good

any others?
s.l.o.w
The TC Helicon boxes are pretty good, with interesting harmonizer weirdness that tracks what my guitar is doing. The hit footswitch allows quick implementation of more FX or a different preset for a chorus, for example.
pricklyrobot
The VF-1 includes the exact VT-1 effect (they were produced around the same time), but the VT-1 usually seems to go for more $$. Or at least it used to, haven’t looked at them in a few years.
Unborn Gore
If you want wierd, try out the Digitech Vocal 300/400 series.
whyfarer
soma the pipe?
mt3
Neve 1073.
felixer
mt3 wrote:
Neve 1073.

silly answer. that is not an effects processor. although i'll admit it is def not a true/straight preamp. for an 'all in' solution you might look at a s/h lexicon mpx1. got mine for 150 euro on ebay. sounds nice but you'll need a preamp. the art mp tube preamp sounds nice. a bit noisy that's all. so get a mic with a lot of output (meaning a decent condenser)
mt3
felixer wrote:
mt3 wrote:
Neve 1073.

silly answer. that is not an effects processor. although i'll admit it is def not a true/straight preamp. for an 'all in' solution you might look at a s/h lexicon mpx1. got mine for 150 euro on ebay. sounds nice but you'll need a preamp. the art mp tube preamp sounds nice. a bit noisy that's all. so get a mic with a lot of output (meaning a decent condenser)

In general, yes, silly. But I was being serious. I would consider it as part of the FX chain, first component.

Shite source sounds ---> FX ---> Shite output

Excellent source sounds ---> FX ---> Likely excellent output
LHOOQtius
Line6 M13
It's meant for guitars, but it'll give you a chain of 4 FX to mangle your voice
sutekina bipu-on
pricklyrobot wrote:
The VF-1 includes the exact VT-1 effect (they were produced around the same time), but the VT-1 usually seems to go for more $$. Or at least it used to, haven’t looked at them in a few years.

You know they have a vt3 now too.
pricklyrobot
sutekina bipu-on wrote:
pricklyrobot wrote:

You know they have a vt3 now too.

Yep, but I’ve never used one myself. And the OP mentioned price as a concern VT-3 is $200, VF-1 you can potentially get for half that, and it’s got lots of other good effects besides the vocal stuff; plus MIDI, expression input (you can CV it with +5V), guitar and line level inputs.

I’m a certified VF-1 fanboy; got two of them (and wouldn’t rule out a third) thumbs up
felixer
mt3 wrote:

Shite source sounds ---> FX ---> Shite output

Excellent source sounds ---> FX ---> Likely excellent output

this is true but a neve will not make shite sound good. you just get a warmer shite sound hihi
and +1 on the line 6 effect boxes. i have two of the smallest ones and they do sound nice. and have some nice algo's in there: freq shifter and barberpole phaser are my fave's.
MvK
I'm looking also for sth. like this. Does anybody have experience with the TC Helicon voicelive touch?

Featurewise its what I like most.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear  
Page 1 of 1