MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Newbie Gate problem?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author Newbie Gate problem?
dan903
Hi! I've just built my starting setup and everything works as it should except for the gate from my beatstep. I connected the pitch CV from the beatstep to the Dixie and that works as it should, but I plugged the Gate CV to the Gate input on my ADSR and then the gate output to the mixer (photo below) but I can not get the gate to actually gate anything, the Dixie still makes constant sound?
Thanks so much for any help smile
thermionicjunky
Turn down the gain. That is your minimum setting.
dan903
thermionicjunky wrote:
Turn down the gain. That is your minimum setting.

Turning down the gain does not solve it though :(
thermionicjunky
Are all other knobs on the mixer turned down as in the photo? The audio and CV inputs to channel one are normally connected to channels 2-4. Is the result the same if you take your audio output from the channel 1 output rather than the sum output?
dan903
thermionicjunky wrote:
Are all other knobs on the mixer turned down as in the photo? The audio and CV inputs to channel one are normally connected to channels 2-4. Is the result the same if you take your audio output from the channel 1 output rather than the sum output?

nothing changed even with the single output instead of the sum output. It's not even getting the ADSR info from it, but the adsr module itself is flashing when it's receiving the sequence cv so it's working or at least it should be
dan903
But when i plug the Gate to the STO's own gate input the it actually gates it, but when i try to gate it through the ADSR then it!s not gating even the STO. Confusing
dan903
oooh nevermind I must've done that wrong the first time. Turning down the gain now actually did the job! Thank you soo much you are a lifesaver. Sorry I bothered you smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 1